Anyone else troubled with Hidradenitis Suppuratativa?????!!!!

My best friend and I have both learned recently that we both have the above. Its a recurrent boil outbreak if you didnt know. She's had it her entire life and in different areas all over her body but she just recently learned what it was. I however had my first outbreak after my daughter was born.. (she's 2 y/o) I get them mostly in my groin area and a few under my arms. Sometimes they are SUPER sore. My dr told me theres really nothin i can do. She's gave me antibiotics just in case it was staph and it didnt help at all i've had the pills and topical antibiotics. Neither work. She told me basically all i can do is lose weight to keep my skin from rubbing and irritating them. :/ It's way too embarrassing. Does any one else have this problem? How do you deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 2, 2013 in Health

• Basically it's reversed acne and I understand it can be very painful. I've never had it but have known some who have.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:42 AM on May. 2, 2013

• Its completely awful! I have 5-10 boils all the time. I can barely sweat without causing a huge outbreak :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:43 AM on May. 2, 2013

• I'm sorry. :(
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:46 AM on May. 2, 2013

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 AM on May. 2, 2013

• My sister has it, and she got botox injections. Hers were primarily under her armpits, and she gets them and has to get them lanced cause they get so big and painful. I never knew the name, well she might have said, but hell I am looking at the name and can't pronounce it!! But my sister has received botox injections at the site and it has been nothing short of a miracle for her!!!! She is on medicaid and at first they denied her because they considered it "cosmetic", but her doctor went to bat for her and they ended up paying for it cause it was medically needed because of the risk of staph infection can be so great.
    "She told me basically all i can do is lose weight to keep my skin from rubbing and irritating them. :/"OP
    Thats also not necessarily true either. My sister is real overweight, like a 100lbs, and her doc said it would help with the pain part, but she will still get them even if she was model thin.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:46 AM on May. 2, 2013

• But in general,he said she should focus on keeping the apocrine gland areas very clean with gentle, daily washing using an antibacterial cleanser and cleansing only with bare fingers. It's helpful to avoid any sort of skin trauma in susceptible areas, and even washing with a washcloth can possibly trigger an outbreak. But all the botox does is control the sweating, so I would at leasyt consider it and ask your doc. There is also the surgery option if they get to bad, or will not heal within like 2 or so weeks and the wound will not close.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:53 AM on May. 2, 2013

• Michigan-Mom thanks so much for your advice. I'd never heard of anything like that (doing the botox) i felt so helpless because even reading on the internet I could never find a solution. How often does she get the botox injections? i have an appointment in a couple of weeks because of another matter but I'll definitely ask her about these! You could possibly be my angel :D
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 AM on May. 2, 2013