How do i control my anxiety attacks?

me and my guy was talking about getting together we been together for a while before. whenever he dont respond in 10 minutes i get a panick attack...everytime somebody tells me something with bad news about me or something bad i panick in a second i can't breathe. this guy can tell i have anxiety attacks i text his phone 4 times after he dont respond and i am really looking for a cure for this because i really don't think he gone still understand i have panic attacks...it seems like i have no control over it :( please help what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 2, 2013 in Health

• This would be a question best suited for your doctor or therapist.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:22 AM on May. 2, 2013

• You need to see a psychiatrist and then a psychologist. One to help with anxiety through medication. The other to determine what is causing you such sever anxiety. It will get better, but you need help getting there. Good Luck!
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 1:28 AM on May. 2, 2013

• :) thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 AM on May. 2, 2013

• *severe*
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 1:30 AM on May. 2, 2013

• Are you being treated? Many people have luck with a combination of medications and therapy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:35 AM on May. 2, 2013

• I knew someone who had panic attacks just like you did. He got help from a psychiatrist who could prescribe anxiety medication and this like inhaler device to use to help you breathe better. Make an appointment with a psychiatrist, not just any counselor, right away and make sure your insurance covers it or that the doctor is in your network. In the meantime, you can look up breathing exercises on Youtube to help you until the appointment.

http://youtu.be/nTFiSIkwfeQ

Anxiety Relief Videos

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 5:23 AM on May. 2, 2013

• I get panic attacks and my doctor gave me a prescription that I can take to ease the symptoms. I also use controlled breathing. I breathe in to a count of four and breathe out to a count of four. Not deep breaths cause I found that they can just make my symptoms feel worse. Just slow steady ones. Good luck mama and if you ever want to pm me feel free.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:42 AM on May. 2, 2013

• Have you tried "talk therapy" in the past? Also some types I have learned is journal(find out what your stress points are),exercise,limit caffeine, also if you feel a panic attack coming on breathe into a paper bag,try a yoga pose(Tree works for me),get away from the situation that is causing you anxiety. Good Luck anxiety sucks. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:35 AM on May. 2, 2013

• I think for this type of thing(I used to have anxiety and panic attack just shopping for groceries) is best dealt with using Dilectical Behavioral therapy over talk therapy. I spent years and years in talk therapy and got nowhere. Spent 6mths in DBT and am SOO much better....I still have times of high anxiety but nowhere like it used to be and I learned how to control it and to calm myself down without the use of medication(which I was on for years before DBT).

Find a good DBT program with a couselor/psych that you connect with.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:44 PM on May. 2, 2013

• There's a great technique to help you stop a panic attack dead in its track. It's called "The 20 second countdown". In 20 seconds it works. You can see how to do it here: http://www.natural-alternative-therapies.com/how-to-stop-a-panic-attack/
    meitaljames

Answer by meitaljames at 2:40 AM on May. 3, 2013