Would you send your child to a school where the tuition was over 20,000 a year?

I am considering it. It is a specialty school for children who have dyslexia. Could you afford it? Would you work extra to make it happen? Scholarships are not an option.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on May. 2, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If we truly believed that it was a NEEDED thing for DD, then yes, we could move things around to where we could afford it...but we would do without most extras that we enjoy today. I would probably get a part-time job during the time she was at school so that we could get some of that money back.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:14 AM on May. 2, 2013

• no,and no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:50 AM on May. 2, 2013

• If I could afford it and I liked the school I would. I have three kids so its out of the question for us.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:02 AM on May. 2, 2013

• My child has some issues that interfere with the ability to read. So this is the best school in our area. Literally the only school capable of providing the specialized instruction. Only about a dozen schools across the country specialize in these exact issues. We happen to have one within 45 minutes of our home. I am in the process of deciding if this is something to commit to.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:37 AM on May. 2, 2013

• I could not afford it, no. I would work extra to afford it if I really felt that it would provide a critical benefit to my child, and that it was the ONLY place that could do so. However, I would also be exploring and exhausting all other options that might be less expensive, including private tutors, online programs, and determining whether there was anyway I could help my child myself
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:43 AM on May. 2, 2013

• If it was a good school and I could afford it.

Answer by louise2 at 8:45 AM on May. 2, 2013

• No. I'd get a tutor though.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:52 AM on May. 2, 2013

• No and No
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:01 AM on May. 2, 2013

• No I could not afford it and would look for another option.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:14 AM on May. 2, 2013

• If other schools in the area could not help her then yes. She is going to need that help. I may have to do the same thing, my DD is going to be tested for a form of dyslexia called APD and if the tests come back that this is the case and severe enough we will have to look into a special school also.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 9:26 AM on May. 2, 2013