Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Can I do anything about a dating site and minor's use of name/photo?

I received emails from a dating site. Someone used my info my email to make a profile on a dating site. The problem is they used my 9 year old childs name and attempted to use her photo but the site kept rejecting it. I called the site and they said they would put a block on it if I want to get law enforcement involved.. Also the bio they wrote is there was about looking for sex and saying I wanted to date a cop. I have had issues with a neighbor to the point where I moved. So i wonder if she did this.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 2, 2013 in Parenting Debate

Answers (10)
  • I'd report it to the police!

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:45 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • I would go with what the site suggested - blocking and getting the law involved. This is not an offence to be taken lightly and you HAVE to think of your daughter and protect her. If someone did this on ONE site, supposing they did it on others but used a different email address? You would never know until it was too late. Call the cops and work with the site.

    Answer by winterglow at 9:47 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • report it to the police

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:00 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • What state are you in?

    Answer by feralxat at 10:06 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • Yes, report this to the police! They may not be able to do anything but at least you are creating a record in case this continues.

    Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:12 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • I seriously had someone do this to me recently, but thankfully they didn't use my kids name or pic. I had to get the police involved because some weird ass stalker guy started calling me over 60 times per day.

    Come to find was my former best friend that did it. Go right now to the cops!

    Answer by PandaGwen at 10:26 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • I agree with the others. Report this to the police.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 10:41 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • I agree, report it to the police.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 AM on May. 2, 2013

  • I would go to the cops, definitely. Mainly because it involves your child - and when it comes to my kids, I don't take chances. I'm one of those people that if you mess with me, fine, I'm a grown up, I can take it. But mess with my kids and I'll tear you apart.

    Let the police figure it out and when they do, press whatever charges you can and get a restraining order if you have to.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 12:45 PM on May. 2, 2013

  • I live in florida. I think I know who did this and we recently moved because of a sociopath neighbor. Im going to report it thanks. Ill update you ladies. My concern is did they do this on multiple sites or just this one. Very scary and Im disgusted someone would put my child in danger.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on May. 3, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.