• In the Spotlight:

Are you a talkative mom or a quiet mom?

I try to be the talkative kind but I really don't have much to say.

How would you start a conversation?

My son is playing baseball and I see all these mom's together talking and I say to myself I don't even want to be in that conversation only because I am not sure what to say. I'd perfer to be left alone. I mean don't get me wrong if you talk to me I will talk to you but for me to start a conversation...neh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am not a conversation started at all. I usually let people come up to me first. I never know how to just jump in.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• im the same way. i am terrible about starting conversations in person
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm horrible about talking to people too. However, since my husband left for Iraq and I have few adult conversations, I catch myself rambling to cashiers, post office clerks, even the guy who came in to fix my dishwasher.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I am the same way!

I'm only talkative with my friends. I would rather not make small talk at t-ball, karate or any other activity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would fall into the quiet mom category.
    I am the same way I don't know how to start up a conversation either.I will talk to someone if they spoke to me but to just go up and start talking to new people I am blank I just stick to myself instead...LOL
    NCMommy326

Answer by NCMommy326 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm so with you, except that I want to be in the conversation. I just don't know how to start a conversation or jump into one, so I mostly sit in and listen. If you ever need someone to just listen, I'm the girl, mostly because I don't know what to say, but I will pay full attention to you
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 10:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I am very talkative. I can start a conversation with anyone at anytime. If they don't respond, then I just move on. All of my kids play sports so I meet other moms very easily and a lot of them go to the same schools as my children so we know one another from there too. There is a couple of things that help....First....don't be insecure about what they think about you. Just be yourself and if they don't seem to like you, then move on...don't take it personally. Secondly, ask them about themselves. People will talk if you are asking them about them. This is only if you want to. If you really don't want to talk, then don't. I truly love meeting other people and getting to know them and making friends. Its not likely we will ever be best friends but knowing people around the community is a good thing. I don't like to be isolated and I love to talk. People are usually very nice and want to make friends too. I don't do cliques.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i am so sadly shy.. even if you start a conversation with me, i wouldnt know what to say! OR if I do say something it usual comes out NOT the way I meant for it too!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Quite mom here too! If you start talking to me though you will be sorry, I never shut up.....LOL. Atleast that is what DH tells me.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:07 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I talk to everyone all the time.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009