How childish is this?

I planned for 3 weeks to have a cook out today. I bought all the food all i asked is for someone to buy the charcoal and lighter fluid. A neighbor of mine offered to buy that which is fine. I didnt ask anyone else for anything. My brother is here and my 2 neighbors and their kids will be here. Well i invited my mom too. She only lives 30 mins from me. My brother was going to go back down and pick her up and bring her here. Well this morning I called her and no answer. So figured maybe she is still sleeping. I decide to get on the computer and saw that she had been on Facebook. My brother tried calling, again no answer. She is ignoring our phone calls. After these weeks of me getting everything I needed and talking about it and her talking about it she does this. Is it not childish to ignore phone calls? If i known she was going to act like this i wouldnt have even bothered. Not only was she going to eat but I told her she could take a lot of it home. I just dont get it. To me there is no reason to ignore our phone calls. If she doesnt want to come that would be fine. She should just tell me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• I would go check on her but is he is just doing this to ignore you then I would be pissed and the next time she needed me for something I would give her the cold shoulder back to show her how it feels. Was she like this when you were growing up that is ridiculous I am like you I would be pissed.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 9:25 AM on May. 3, 2013

• So why not send her a message on FB saying that you and your brother have been trying to get ahold of her and it seems she is not answering. You are taking that as her not coming to your cook out and leave it at that. Then have a good time without her.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:14 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Enjoy the cookout with those who will be attending.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:14 PM on May. 2, 2013

• I'd go over & check on her. Maybe she fell or something. You never know! Have your brother go.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:36 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Her phones might not be working properly, ringers might have been turned down or off, she could have fallen, maybe she went outside. There are plenty of reasons for this besides "my mom is being childish, ignoring our calls and not coming."
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:42 PM on May. 2, 2013

• have you checked her facebook again? the other answers are very good. maybe she was taking a shower and didn't hear the phone ring. listening to music.
    my mom's phone doesn't like me, that happens to me ALL the time! after the tenth time i call the phone will ring, it's a new cell phone she's only had it for about four months and she still can't figure it out.

just thought of something, she could be chatting with a neighbor and is waiting for your brother to pick her up outside.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:11 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Is there a reason your mother would ignore your phone calls? I mean, is this a common thing for her? Is she angry about something? If none of that is true, I'd be worried, and maybe see if your brother will drive down and check on her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:41 PM on May. 2, 2013

• maybe she can't hear her phone?
    Maybe her phone is dead?
    Try driving down there to see her
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:14 PM on May. 2, 2013

• She has more the house phone and a cell phone. we have called both..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on May. 2, 2013

• he left a little while ago to go down there. the way my mom is she would get right back up lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on May. 2, 2013