Thumb Injury

I know you all aren't doctors, but I'm hoping someone might have a clue what I did to myself and maybe a treatment I can try at home. My daughter got a bit too rough playing last night and yanked on my thumb. I felt a pop inside, up where the thumb meets the fleshy part of the palm, and it hurt like the dickens for a minute or two, but then the pain subsided. A few hours later, my thumb was aching and stiff, and this morning, it's hurting a lot along the fleshy part of the palm and radiating up into my wrist. I can still type, since my thumb just kind of sits there, but the pain is enough to be distracting. Is there anything I can do, or will I have to get seen?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:31 PM on May. 2, 2013 in Health

• Sounds like what happened when I thought I dislocated my thumb bowling. I'd see a doctor. I didn't, because my kid landed on it in the pool later that day, and it stopped hurting, so I figured it was fixed and fine. Now, three years later, I have random intense thumb pain that we've yet to find an actual answer to, and I'm afraid I might have done some permanent damage by not seeing a doctor.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:39 PM on May. 2, 2013

• have fun at the drs.
    Anonymous

• She may have jammed it. I had to wear a finger brace twice on the same middle finger because I jammed it and its not from flipping someone off either lol. Just being careless while working out
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:35 PM on May. 2, 2013