Can't work after dark?

My friend owns a pizza shop and interviewed a young lady yesterday. He was looking for someone to work nights (4-10) because the day shifts are covered. She said she couldn't work after dark due to her religion.

What religion is this? I've never heard of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Maybe shes a vampire and needs to feed at dark. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Dude - I was totally going to say vampire.

Yeah.

Never heard of a religion like that. Unless it's the church of "I don't really need a J-O-B."
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Possibly Jewish. Many Orthodox Jews must be indoors by sundown on Friday night.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Thats a good one. I'm going to have to remember that next time I get scheduled to work late:P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• In my religion, our Sabbath is from sunset on Friday night until sunset on Saturday night. Our holy days are the same way (sunset to sunset). But I've never heard of any religion that is this way every night!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 12:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• it's not ours and i'm mormon. we are not suppose to work on sundays but some do. never heard of that. i guess she didn't really need the job after all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My thought was...she enjoyed her evenings partying or hanging with friends and thus religion is a good reason to avoid night shifts LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 1:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm going to guess it's the religion of Unemployment requires me to submit X number of applications a week to still get paid, but they don't have to be good ones. My friend used to manage a shoe store - she saw everything - apps filled out in crayon, apps with only every other line filled in, one really good one that said they were anti-social and hated people. When unemployment checks to see if someone fills out an app, you're only allowed to say yes or no, you aren't allowed to critique the quality of it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It is NOT a Jewish thing. A person may choose to not work on Shabbat, but that doesn't mean they can't work any other night. If someone were that observant that they don't work on Shabbat, I doubt they would bother applying for a job in a non Jewish business.

I have never heard of this. My dh thinks that devout Muslims may not want their young girls out at night. I don't know about that.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• THEY COULD BE JEWISH.
    OR THEY COULD BE MUSLIM.
    I KNOW THAT MUSLIM PEOPLE PRAY 5 TIMES A DAY
    AND SHE MAY NEED TO BE HOME AT NIGHT.
    THEY ALSO CELEBRATE RAMADAN, WHERE THEY
    FAST DURING THE DAY AND EAT AT NIGHT, SO SHE MAY
    HAVE TO COOK FOR HER FAMILY AT NIGHT.
    IT DOESN'T HURT TO ASK HER WHAT RELIGON SHE IS.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 8:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009