For Bible Believing Christians.....

My Down Syndrome ds has always looked up over his shoulders and grinned and laughed as if there was someone there. I personally believe he sees his angel. You can ask him where his angel is and he will look, yet he does not understand the concept of angels. My dad passed away 2 wks ago. The night he died, my husband asked him where his angel was and he looked over his shoulder and started crying. A few days ago, I asked him where PaPa was. He looked over his shoulder and started grinning. Normally, before Dad passed, when you asked him, he would go look out the front window, looking for Dad outside. I know the Bible says 'to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." My question is, do you think my ds actually saw my dad? Do you think the ones in Heaven are able to be with us in spirit? I have asked my Pastor but his answer was basically that he didn't know. He didn't have any scripture to back it up.

zachsmom900

Asked by zachsmom900 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I honestly don't know. All I know is my daughters, both as babies, would laugh and chortle at something not visible. My daughters would even stick out their tongue over and over again at *something* and laugh. My dad used to do that to entertain kids before he died and the kids would just laugh and laugh.

So I honestly don't know, but I like to think they do. I'd like to believe that God lets our little ones see glimpses of loved ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I don't have any scripture right now, but I will try and find some. But I do believe the spirits can be with us. I believe the innocent and faithful and those in need of comfort can be visited by loved ones who have passed on. I think it's very possible that your ds saw your father.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 10:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I honestly think that they come visit us. My son Noah who died in the womb I feel comes around and plays with his brother. Things happen that you cant explain. Maybe your son is the only one who can see them. :)
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have faith that they can Just because we don't see something does not mean that they don't or that it is not real to them. Pray that your child is being watched over and just have faith. Blessings to you and your family I am sorry for your loss.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• it depends on where your spirit goes, if you go to heaven or hell, but there is no in-between. there are spirits and angels on the earth, but the spirits are demons no good in them. like actual psychics aren't talking to passes loved ones they are talking to demons that know about that person or what ever, that is the devils way of kinda bringing people in. they believe in psychics and in good and evil spirits, but there are no good spirits only i guess you would say bad ones and there are angels

setliff

Answer by setliff at 10:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I believe it's possible. Our grandfather recently passed away. He was having a really bad day his last day and kept telling us he saw these beautiful lights around him. He kept saying this for hours. There weren't lights on in the room. For a few days before this one, he kept saying that he was seeing people he didn't know. When my husband and I talked to the nurses, they promised that there wasn't anyone in his room other than us. He was saying that they sat on his bed with him and held his hands. We were the only ones that were there. I totally believe it's posslble. My 2 year old son and our grandfather loved each other. Since he passed, my son keeps telling me he sees PawPaw all the time. I honestly believe that we all have angels watching us. But only some people get to see their angels.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes I believe they can. Rev. 5:8 - our prayers being offered to Jesus by those already in Heaven.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 11:31 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I know there are angels and loved ones around us that passed, I saw my dad about a year after he passed away.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Of course it's possible. I believe your son did see his "papa" and his guardians. The question is do you believe it to be true?? I think it's wonderful that your dad is able to communicate to you that he is around you and always will be there if you need him. So sorry for your loss.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• 2 Samuel 12:23 - David speaking here....

But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:40 PM on Feb. 17, 2009