We have lots of SO's who can cook and clean, but can he make a prom dress?

Military Dad Makes Daughter's Prom Dress: It's Camo

Someone posted this on fb and without the pic I was expecting a train wreck, but the sewing is fine, and the material isn't all that bad:

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:05 PM on May. 2, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I saw that! It came out pretty cute! Doesn't look like camo even!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:08 PM on May. 2, 2013

• my DH has zero abilities when it comes to sewing. or so i assume, he's never tried haha.

and when it said "camo" i was thinking military uniform camo...not hunting camo. but it turned out really pretty either way! i couldnt make something that gorgeous!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:09 PM on May. 2, 2013

• and when it said "camo" i was thinking military uniform camo

That's what I thought it would be, that or the obnoxious camo in hot pink like they sell at walmart.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 3:10 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Awww, hell no! I wouldn't let my DH near either of my machines. He's not good with equipment like that. He would get frustrated and rip that thing apart. But he can cook and he can clean.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:11 PM on May. 2, 2013

• My husband is at least as good at sewing as I am, but I see very little. His mom is an excellent seamstress, makes my dd clothes and princess dresses that look way better than the ones in the disney store, so he grew up with it.

Answer by missanc at 3:14 PM on May. 2, 2013

• No, but I could!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:15 PM on May. 2, 2013

• My boyfriend can fix pretty much everything around the house, do laundry, and at least cook well enough that nobody will go hungry if I'm busy or not up to the task. But neither of us have much sewing ability beyond mending wounded stuffed animals.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:15 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Awww... that's actually cute! My dh couldn't do that, but I could probably put together a decent looking dress, and dd could have definitely made her own (she decided against it though).
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:20 PM on May. 2, 2013

• I think he did a pretty good job on it. I can't sew so I am impressed.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:32 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Wow! That dad ROCKS! Hubby never ceases to amaze me, but sewing a prom dress~ that would be a BIG FAT NO lol
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 3:35 PM on May. 2, 2013