Any homeschooled moms here?

If you were homeschooled, do you feel like you missed out on a lot? What do you feel you missed out on?

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 11:01 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was homeschooled through highschool. Yes I feel like I missed out on a huge part of my life. My mom always said oh you won't miss it blha blah blah.. but I do. Everytime I wanted to go back shed get upset and make me feel guilty for it. Luckily since i was in school trhough 8 grade I am not socially akward... but I know alot of people that are. Everyone tells me when I tell them I'm homeschooled wow i never would have guess its.. most home schooled kids are weird.
    I got pregnant right after highschool as well and am married so I didn't even get to go to college and experience college life. Yes, im in college but a community college not at like the ohio state university or anything like that.. I wish I would have went to highschool I did miss out on so much. But everything happens for ar eason. and I do still have memories of being with my mom everyday all day......
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was homeschooled my whole life and the only time we saw people was if we went grocery shopping or to see a movie or to church. We had quite a few friends at church until we moved to a little itty bitty church where there were only a couple of kids. We didn't go to a homeschool group or anything like that. Now, I don't know how to be social. Im always really quiet and dont talk to people much because I have nothing in common with most people. My husband gets irritated with me, saying that I'm anti-social. My husband was my only boyfriend. I had had crushes on guys at church, but none had ever asked me out. I loved being homeschooled, but I hated being secluded from the world.
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:05 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i wasn't home schooled but wish i was lol . i am i guess what you would call antisocial, why i don't know, i just don't know what to say. my parents never went anywhere, we would go grocery shopping once or twice a year and they never took vacations or anything- kinda odd! But i hope to home school my kids and i am afraid that they may turn out to be antisocial, i dono??? maybe it is inherited :D

setliff

Answer by setliff at 11:11 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• YOu don't miss anything. I wish I had been homeschooled. HS offered nothing to me. I did attend Christian school for awhile and that was even more horrible. My kids will eventually be homeschooled. It will likely not set too well with my teenager. I am very very social because I have learned how to be. It had nothing to do with school. I was very quiet as a teen.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 11:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009