Root canal

I had a root canal last Friday, it's only been 6 days but I went to my original dentist not the one who suggested I needed the root canal for an opinion on if my tooth was okay. He said yes and than said he would clean my teeth. I told him no bc I was a little scared of the root canal tooth he said it would be fine. He wouldn't touch the tooth so I said okay. Now I'm in pain. It feel bad. Would that do anything to the tooth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on May. 2, 2013 in Health

• Probably not just a cleaning. A root canal isn't exposed. You're most likely just in pain from opening your mouth wide and having fingers and tools in there. You'll be fine.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:32 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Do you think it was too soon? Thank you for replying back. I appreciate it. Just nervous this is my first root canal
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Probably just jarred the nerves in the root canal tooth. Take an ibuprofen tonight, and it should be fine by morning.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:41 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Are you supposed to get a crown?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:50 PM on May. 2, 2013

• Yes soon @izarejman i just feel like getting a cleaning wasnt a good idea but as long as it soul dont cause harm than im ok
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 PM on May. 2, 2013

• You should be fine. A root canal can be painful for a bit and as long as they didn't mess with that particular tooth it is probably ok. Even though most root canals are successful that doesn't mean you won't be sore for a bit. It's ok. Take some ibuprofen if there is any swelling, or tylenol for the pain. But if it lingers for more than an additional 3 or 4 days maybe just call the dentist and see if they need to take a look. But until you get the permanent crown it could be a little uncomfortable since this is you first one. Hope it feels better!
    wifemomteacher

Answer by wifemomteacher at 12:51 AM on May. 3, 2013

• It hurts a lot now
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 AM on May. 3, 2013