Help!!!!! how do I get rid of a stinky dog scent in a small hallway?

We recently moved into a new home. The previous owner had a dog and the hallway smells so stinky to me. I spray constantly and burn candles but once the sprays and candles scent goes away the dog smell comes back. Ughhhhhhhhhh!

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 6:53 AM on May. 3, 2013 in Pets

• rose, I buy a product direct from janitorial stores and I highly recommend that. It takes away any smell, including mold and mildew.   I had to go back through Answers to find the product name.   I found this question and my response is Active.  LOL! 

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1203941/What_product_do_you_use_to_remove_pet_odors_from_urine_accidents_on_carpet

I Googled my name, Cafemom and pet odors... LOL!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:24 PM on May. 3, 2013

• If it's carpeted it's going to be really hard to get rid of the smell. You could try a commercial carpet cleaner that might get down into the padding, but I doubt anything less than that will work. Have you tried Scentsy products? My son has a stuffed animal with a sachet in it from them and his room stays smelling nice for a long time (he's a teenage boy, so otherwise it smells like stinky gym socks, but he's special needs on a 1st-2nd grade level so he doesn't mind the bear). I'm not very familiar with their products - someone gave him the bear and sachets, but they might have something that would be long lasting to keep in the hallway.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on May. 3, 2013

• is the hallway carpeted?
    Lisa_7777

Answer by Lisa_7777 at 7:12 AM on May. 3, 2013

• theres no carpeting!!!! just a small stinky hallway!!!!
    i might try the sachets at kirklands. thats a good idea!
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on May. 3, 2013

• I've had good luck with some of the unscented odor eliminator thingies that stick up on the wall. I think they're called Renew, or something with Renew in the name. Look in the smell good aisle at Wal-Mart or the grocery store. I like those ones because I can't stand most flowery scents like candles that cover up odors.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:17 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I use stuff called NaturVet Odokill. Its cheap and VERY effective and you can get it on Amazon. Pet Smart used to have it, but I do not see ity anymore. But this stuff is awesome,m and it smells great.

http://www.amazon.com/NaturVet-Odokill-Concentrate-Indoor-Outdoor/dp/B003SN1F7S

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:01 AM on May. 4, 2013

• ODOBAN. I got mine at Walmart. My carpet guys swear by it and it's not just for carpets. Sam's Club has it too

Answer by admckenzie at 1:35 AM on May. 4, 2013