at what point are you ovulating?

If you have fertile CM one day, are you ovulating on that day and only that day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Hmm, I don't know what CM means, but I do believe that once the egg is released there is only about a 24 hour period when the egg can be fertilized. I was lucky, because I knew when I was ovulating cause it hurt like hell.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I have been known to have fertile CM up to a week before I ovulate. It is best to always have sex the days you notice the eggwhite CM. You normally ovulate 2 weeks before you start your period, so if your cycles are 28 days, you would ovulate about day 14 of your cycle. Sperm can live in that fertile CM for 3-5 days though, so even if you notice the CM 3 days before you O, you could still get pregnant from sex you have that day.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was weird when we were trying to get preggers with daughter. One month I would ovulate on the 14th day, next month I would ovulate on the 21st day. Took me a couple of months to pin down THAT cycle lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009