Okay so what do my cm moms think of this????!!

I dont have a whole lot of money to spend on clothes,shoes,accessories ect....so I shop in thrift stores and consignment shops most of the time for myself and kids. My daughters friends all say she must be rich to wear nice clothes. My friends ask me where I get my stuff and how much I paid [which is none of their buisness in the first place} I tell them and they dont believe me. When I go into a thrift shop or consignment shop I actually dig in and look cause you never know what kind of deals you find. I also hit clearance racks in other stores... like sears,belks ect.The only extravagance that I spend on is my kids shoes and their blue jeans but even sometimes with those you can find them marked down. Like for ex this one day we were flip flop shopping and I found my daughter two pair of yellow box flip flops for like 12 bucks a piece cause they were last seasons and her friends are like yeah right!! I cant help it I take the time to find my kids cute stuff and that I am a savvy shopper which I learned from my mom. Its got my daughter to the point where all she wants to wear is sweats and t shirts to school and it pisses me off what do yall think about this.

Fairymom32

Asked by Fairymom32 at 11:44 AM on May. 3, 2013 in Shopping

• I always shop where my money can afford to.
    Resell shops, Kohls, Target, Walmart and discount stores and I am always looking at the clearance racks and using coupons when I find them.

And Freecycle has been good to me too. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:08 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I shop all the time at yard sales, thrift shops, etc. Wherever I can find the deals. Outfitting 3 little ones can cost a lot. The youngest is only 4 and she has went from a size 4 last year to a 6/6x this summer! She has about 4 outfits that fit her and I'm sticking her in her 7 year old brothers shorts until I find a great deal on clothes for her.

About the only thing I buy new are shoes.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:04 PM on May. 3, 2013

• We live in a fairly pricey area of our town so my daughter doesn't dress that much nicer than her friends, but my mom taught me to bargain shop and I'm pretty sure I pay way less for her clothes than her friends do. But it's rude to talk about how much things cost, my daughter knows that and her friends know that, so it's not discussed.

Answer by missanc at 2:13 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I don't usually visit thrift stores, but I'm thinking I'm going to have to start!
    I shop clearance at Kohls, where I work, so I get to add my discount to that and save a ton. I also shop at Marshall's and TJ Maxx.
    AND I just heard that ThredUp (online consignment for kids) just started with women's clothing too, so I'm going to check them out
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 12:11 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I always hit the clearance racks even if we aren't there to buy clothes. I love buying things to be used in the future for my kids when the season ends and they reduce to get rid of it. I lost a ton of weight recently and got 5 pair of shorts at WalMart for $2 each a few months ago. I haven't found real good things at thrift stores for a while so I kind of gave up on them.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 3:48 PM on May. 3, 2013

• Whew I can imagine baconbits...sometimes you just have to do the best you can do!!
    Fairymom32

Comment by Fairymom32 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I hardly ever buy clothes for myself or my daughter that aren't from thrift stores or clearance racks. I don't see the point in it when there are bargains to be had. Especially since kids grow so fast. But if your daughter wants to wear sweats and T-shirts for a while, I wouldn't let it bug you. The idea will soon get old for her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:40 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I always go for the sales, and discount coupons...never pay anything I buy over price even though I can!

Answer by older at 10:45 AM on May. 4, 2013