Where can you go to get an ultrasound done?

where can you go to get an ultrasound done? Tricare won't cover it and so I am wanting to pay out of pocket. We're located at Ft Sill OK. I am only 16 weeks so I'm not far enough along for the 3d/4d ultrasounds. I am trying to determine if I'm having twins, I just called Comanche Hospital and they said you have to have a doctors order for it to be done! Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• cant you pay for it at your dr office?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You do have to have a Dr's order to have an ultrasound. Your OB has to order one or refer you to another DR that does ultrasounds. I don't know why your insurance will not cover an ultrasound if you have a medical referral.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:17 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'd like to add that when I went to have an ultrasound at 13 weeks they did a 4d one I have pictures on my cafemom of it. Not sure why they couldn't do one.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ya a dr has to order it and your drs office should send you some where weither insurence pays for it or not .. but that is odd my friends sara is on it too and they paid for hers they paid for everything her husband is army
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i live in tennessee and we have a pregnancy support center and they will give you a free ultrasound and stuff just explain to them what all is goin on and they might beable to help you!!!!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=9445742&ct=mine There is the link to the 4d one that they took

pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• At the 3D - 4D places they can also do a 2D ultrasound and they can determine gender as well.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 11:35 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Hi there everyone! I did just call the pregnancy resource center here in oklahoma and they do offer ultrasounds on mondays and thursdays and they're going to have the ultrasound lady call me back with the info. I would have never thought to call them! Thank you soo much for your help! I'll write back when/if I found out if it's a single baby or twins! And maybe the gender too! Thanks again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Im military and have always been given one ultrasound that tricare pays for....sometimes more but at least 1 that is paid for...have they not given you ANY ultrasounds? If they have, then that may have been the only one they are willing to pay for....
    and mama, I know you probably want to know the sex of your baby, but I had 5 ultrasounds with my first and she would never show us :( so dont get your hopes up TOO high on that aspect....im sure they WILL be able to tell if you have more than one baby in there, hopefully :)
    Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 2:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i think you can get one at pizza hut
    Anonymous