do uncles have visitation rights in ohio ??

The father of my kids brother and his wife are taking me to court for visitations, all they do is harrass me and belittle me do they have any rights ?? Are there even uncles rights? I put a cpo on him but its only for 2 weeks then we have to go in front of the magistrate to determine if I get the cpo for 1 to 5 years ! But his mother has visitation and its clearly stated in our agreement that he's not aloud around my kids !! Y would courts allow him to file in the first place plzzz help!!!

Casey A.

Asked by Casey A. at 6:36 PM on May. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• If the judge believes that it is in the best interest of the child, then the uncle, aunt, grandparent, etc. can be granted legal visitation.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 6:39 PM on May. 3, 2013

• Truthfully you could probably Google it on line to see if it can happen. But what little I know about visitation rights. Only the dad can get visitation rights.   Grandparents do not have rights. Uncles don't either.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 PM on May. 3, 2013

• OK thank u ! well the father is in jail for sending nude pics to an underage girl and wants nothing to do with my kids.
    Casey A.

Comment by Casey A. (original poster) at 6:51 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I just Googled it. And I doubt he will get far.

Answer by louise2 at 7:04 PM on May. 3, 2013

• We went to court today to set a court date because I'm not giving in and settling in mediation we have court in July 29th and he thinks he has every right to see my kids I hope they don't grant him visits BC it would just be him degrading me the entire visit I just want them out of my life for good there all poision
    Casey A.

Comment by Casey A. (original poster) at 7:13 PM on May. 3, 2013

• Really up to the judge, but I highly doubt they'll get very far.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:23 PM on May. 3, 2013

• Thank u guys :) I really hope they don't
    Casey A.

Comment by Casey A. (original poster) at 7:26 PM on May. 3, 2013

• Just want to say, I'm in this field in Ohio. My first answer stands true.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:15 PM on May. 3, 2013

• If you go to court and the CPO is renewed they will not give him visitation. Generally they do not grant visitation to aunts and uncles unless there is a special circumstance. In answer to you question, anyone has a right to file anything and have it heard before a judge. They can be fined for frivolous misuse of the courts time (or something like that) I doubt you have too much to worry about but document everything

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:23 AM on May. 4, 2013

• ABeaverhausen is correct, the court will focus on whether this person has a significant connection with the child and whether spending time with them would promote the best interests and welfare of the child.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:26 AM on May. 4, 2013