4-27-12 i lost my daughters to dhs and 6 months later i got them back! YAY US!!!!! adult content

my case was finally closed for good today as of 1:36 p.m. today!!!!!!!!! yay us!!!!!

they where taken away because i went to our local hospital and told them i needed help with my post partum depression after 13 wks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on May. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• I am glad that they were able to take care of your kids while you got the help you needed. Sounds like a win-win to me.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:14 PM on May. 3, 2013

• There's more to your story, they don't just take kids away because you are depressed.
    Anonymous

• in iowa they take them if they think their is any chance of immediate harm to the children! my daughter was 3 weeks early and they where afraid i wouldnt be able to care for her properly!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on May. 3, 2013

• DHS will do what ever they want. They wouldnt allow my husbands 3 to come stay with me big the case worker said my house wasnt big enough. Said that they wanted to try and give the kids back to the person they got them from. DHS is full of shit.

Glad you got your kids back. I dont know how you did it w/o them. Its been a year since you had them.. I would feel like i missed out on them
    Anonymous

• oops meant because not big the case working
    Anonymous

• i lost them last april and got them back for on oct 26 for a 30 day trial and we where gonna close my case 3 months ago except my dhs worker said she did not trust me completely to deal with two young children while i myself am a child but im 21
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:44 PM on May. 3, 2013

• I had two kids at 20. thats bull shit right there. I know a 17 year old with two kids and that girl does just fine. They judge people for the stupidest things. For some reason miss the kid that really do need to be removed from the home.
    Anonymous

• i had my dd at 20 so i was twenty with to dd's but i did great i just hated feeling depressed for so long for nothing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on May. 3, 2013

• and my dd was 14 weeks old when they took her and my at the time 2 yr old
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on May. 3, 2013

• At least you were getting help and you knew you needed help. For the fact of you having depression, it took a long time for the case to close. I went to jail my kids father called dss on me. The solicitor dropped my charges but dss was still around. Once i got a job they left me alone. Never once took my children. It was only a few months they were around.

Anonymous