How do I stay full while working?

I am about 4 to 5 weeks pregnant, I am a housekeeper and I work 7 or 8 hours days on my feet the whole time. I have been feeling starved lately while working. I was wanting to see if anyone knows what I could eat for breakfast to keep me full till lunch at 1 pm and if there is anything I could keep on my cart to help with the feeling of hurger. (also what else to drink other then water, it makes me want to throw up really bad)
this is my 3rd prengnancy but I was a stay at home mom with the other 2.
Thank you

angelachildress

Asked by angelachildress at 11:28 PM on May. 3, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Congrats on your pregnancy. Could you carry something like Nutrigrain bars or some other source of fiber with you in case you get hungry? I'd also try to have something like eggs or meat and cheese for breakfast so you get enough protein to last you through the morning. But you'll need snacks. Breakfast till one o'clock is a long time to go even without a pregnancy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:45 PM on May. 3, 2013

• with my first i worked while pregnant and had that problem a lot. i kept a stash of special k snack bars, nutrigrain bars, and trail mix at my desk. they're quick, easy to hide, and if nothing else you can eat it in the bathroom haha. congrats on the baby!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:36 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Haha you sound like me late at night except I'm not pregnant! LOL Brown rice, quinoa grain, nuts, raisins, bananas, dried fruits (prunes, apricots), licorice (Twizzlers or other flavors/brands) and berries will provide you with longer lasting energy and help you feel full. Semi-strong ginger tea also reduces cravings. Ginger ale might work but it's not as strong. Look for ginger candies, too. Some international stores sell ginger chews. World Market sells some called Chimes Orange Ginger Chews that taste great! The ginger should also help with any nausea.  Saffron used in rice, stirfries, and saffron tea is also good for reducing cravings and boosting mood.

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:37 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Several small meals will keep your energy up and keep you feeling full.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:14 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Make sure there is some protein in your breakfast....meat, eggs, greek yogurt, etc. Pack nuts for a snack to hold you over to lunch
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:50 AM on May. 4, 2013

• I agree with the protein in your breakfast, it will keep you fuller longer but nothing is going to last you 7-8 hours.

Answer by missanc at 10:10 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Of course a breakfast, a little snack here and there while working. Eating something with bread or crackers can fill you up.
    proudmami23

Answer by proudmami23 at 11:41 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Thanks everyone I was thinking trail mix (with nuts and rasins) would work but I wasnt for sure. I can keep the bars on my cart (I am the one who everyone comes to for the things they need when the boss is mia lol)
    Yes lunch being at 1 is hard even not pregnant but a few days before I found out I was pregnant I started to get hungry at 11 or so and when lunch was at noon it was ok but lunch at 1 not so much.
    It can be hard for me to get breakfast in the am so I need something quick, getting up getting me ready then getting my 2 boys ready, getting them to daycare and then gettting to work its tiring to start the day. I have this protein drink that I have an 8 ounce glass of it the am to help on top of having a bowl of cereal or a muffin.
    Thanks for all the information it does help (especially now that I am the head for the day on mondays and tuesdays now that my head boss is gone) today was a 9.5 hour day and tomorow too:/
    angelachildress

Comment by angelachildress (original poster) at 11:18 PM on May. 6, 2013

• an idea........If you like hard bolied eggs you could make some ahead and then have one each morning, as well as the cereal.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:09 AM on May. 7, 2013