Was I played? Advice

I am a lecturer, one of my students had hard time in class, she started to behave very aggressively when I asked her to modify her research topic to meet class requirements. She acted in passive aggressive during whole semester...Then,by the end of the semester everyone need help with programming and calculations, the girl wrote me heart breaking apology and interacted with me whole night, she came first to the office hours, played nicest and got her things done. No even thank you after all...I feel so played. What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on May. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• How old is this girl?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:35 AM on May. 4, 2013

• 22-23 years old...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:36 AM on May. 4, 2013

• So she acted passive aggressive.
    She apologized.
    She sought the help that every student has access too.
    She passed.

How are you being played? You did your job and she finally id hers. She got what she earned with the help and direction of her teacher. You.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:39 AM on May. 4, 2013

• I'm not sure what type of advice you're looking for.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:42 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Don't see where you were played. Unless she sweet-talked you into giving her a passing grade.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:57 AM on May. 4, 2013

• I do not see where you might have been played either. She seems a bit ungrateful, but IMO, she did not play you.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:03 AM on May. 4, 2013

• I can see where you would be frustrated, but that's probably typical of what you'll run into with some college students, and some people in general, anywhere you go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Isn't it your job to help your students?
    I mean that's the equivalent of me bitching because I did not get a "thank you" after every orgasm some girl has with her new vibrator!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 AM on May. 4, 2013

• I do NOT have to help them, but absolute majority comes with such level of stats that they aren't able to pass without some help. There were several nice students that worked very hard, I had only limited time and i attended HER, because I told her to come earlier and be first...I used my best time and attention on HER leaving perfectly nice hard working students behind,,,sigh.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:26 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Did you have a romantic interest with her? Or, are you saying that you just helped her and she was ungrateful? I would say yes, you got played but it would help to know more details.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:33 AM on May. 4, 2013