Update on my sister and mom... (Long)

Hi everyone.... I know it has been a while but I just wanted to fill you in. After 8 long months my sister has lost her battle with cancer. She passed on 4/25 at 2:45 am. She suffered for so long and hospice didn't even make her comfortable. We finally had to move her to the hospital where she passed. They moved her to the hospital on wed and put her on a pain drip and she then passed that morning.

I hate that she had to be in such pain. I was there up until about 12:30 or so until I had to drive home. I got in at about almost 2:00. I held her hand while there and for the first time in days she was warm. It was such a blessing to be there.

As for my mom, we had gone out to see our sister that thurs before because we had gotten a call saying she could pass that day. Well, my mom and other sis stayed the night so they could be wih her. That next day my sis had to take her to the ER because she was having trouble breathing. They admitted her to check things out. Tests came back showing congestive heart failure and kidney failure.

They moved her into ICU because her heart stopped for about 11 seconds 3-4 times. She wanted to go and be with our sister but because of how she was they wouldn't release her. They told her she needed to get a pacemaker and after long talks she agreed.

They had done the surgery on mon afternoon with success but that next day she was different. She acted very disoriented and couldn't really talk well. They had to go back in and repair some leads that came loose. She pulled out her IV and was acting so strange. Not like her at all. She was breathing really had and from her stomach so they wanted to put her on a breathing machine.

All while trying to figure out what was going on they basically kept her in a medically induced coma due to the breathing tube. Come to find out they found out she had pneumonia in one of her lungs. She had a lot of things wrong and that hospital was working so hard for her. While under is when my sister passed away. So we were all struggling with how we were going to tell her when she can to.

She had been on the breathing machine for a while and they said they needed to take her off so she didn't start relying on it. But when they tried her heart rate kept dropping. By that mon they said they needed to take her off and put a trach and feeding tube in. And we all knew she wouldn't want that. So after discussing it we dicided to take her off the ventilator.

So not only did we lose our sister the thurs before, our mother is now passing. I went up there to be with my brothers and sister so they could take her off. At times we thought she was doing ok, but she wasn't at all. I ended up having to leave and got home about midnight. I had fallen asleep on the couch and was woken up at 2:47am from my sister calling.

My mom passed on tues 4/30 at 2:45 am. Five days exactly from my sister's passing. Our family has been through so much this past few weeks. I am so sad they are no longer here with us. I still cannot believe this is real.

My sister's memorial was on may 1 and my mom's was the 2nd. I am at such a loss right now I can't even see straight.

I just wanted to thank those for the thoughts and prayers during this tough time.

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 3:39 AM on May. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• Hugs goofygal. I am so sorry for your loss.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:18 AM on May. 4, 2013

• I'm so sorry!
    I'm speechless. Your sister and your mom!
    Hon, I'm horrible with words but I hope soon enough your memories of them will give you comfort and peace.
    Anytime you need to cry your thoughts, come here, we'll listen. Hugs!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:14 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Wow a lot to take in. Sorry for your losses. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    proudmami23

Answer by proudmami23 at 11:31 AM on May. 4, 2013

• Awe. I am so sorry for your losses. Just know that they are no longer suffering. My Dad passed last March & I still cry every day. But I imagine him in heaven with his buddies hanging out at the pancake house in heaven telling old stories & no longer sick. :'(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:01 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Wow. I am so sorry! That's hard to deal with, each one by itself. But to deal with both together, I can't imagine. I'm so very sorry.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:14 PM on May. 4, 2013

• group hug

Answer by admckenzie at 12:26 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:31 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I am so sorry for this hard blow life has given you...warm hugs to you, hang in there....

Answer by older at 1:13 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I'm sorry for your double loss. Take as much time as you need to grieve. Take care of yourself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:26 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I am so sorry for your loss.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:46 PM on May. 4, 2013