Thirsty?

I am 26 weeks pregnant and thirsty ALL the time! Its like I can't get enough water. I wake up all night to drink and I drink all day. Anyone else dealing with this?

musikdoll

Asked by musikdoll at 11:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ya all you can do is drink it lol .... you could ask your dr tho it might mean something is going on like GD
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I did with my daughter. I am not one to drink at night, I prefer sleep, BUT I would wake up at night VERY thirsty, so I kept a bottle of water by my bedside. But I do believe that is something you should check with your OB
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Have you had your diabetic test yet? That could be it so tell your doctor. Otherwise just keep listening to your body and drink drink drink.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• LOL ya all I drink is water. Every I go to the OB she asks if I'm drinking enough water. I just laugh and tell her that I think I drink enough water for 10 pregnant women. It's normal. At least you won't get dehydrated.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 11:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You need it. Drink it. Your amniotic fluid replaces itself every couple of hours so the more you have, the more you need to drink. Just wait until you're at the end of your pregnancy! I used to get two big bottles of water and four cups of ice to keep at my desk at work. I was soooo HOT and THIRSTY all the time at the end.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• yeah, that's normal. but i know nothing about GD. you should have that tests at your next appt anyway.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2009