Any advice would help

My daughter is 16 months and I'm having a really hard time getting her to eat in her highchair. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so what you did.

leemarie18

Asked by leemarie18 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea i did she had to sit well stand in the chair at the dinner table with mommy and daddy i dont know how to stop it but know w have her a lil trey that she eats on so good luck maybe she sees shes to big for it!!!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• you know, all kids are different. My son sat in his high chair and pigged out at that age, my daughter was a grazer, being in her highchair just pissed her off. Everyday I would put her in her highchair and offer food, but like I said, she was a grazer, she ate small amounts often.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:25 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Have you tried taking the tray off and pulling her up to the table? She may just want to eat like the "grown ups." My grandson, 22 months, always asks to eat in his high chair - then just last night - he refused because he was away from the table.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my dd is 15 months and just this weekend started giving me a hard time. She has been out of the highchair since 11 months. I use a booster seat on my kitchen chair. It straps to the chair and straps her in. Her food is on the table.
    BUT she sits in the highchair at grandma's LOL
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 11:46 AM on Feb. 17, 2009