Laptop or Desktop Computer

I'm thinking of getting a new Computer for home use and it's much needed. I wanted to know what you have and why you Choosen to buy the one you bought first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I've used both, but now that I don't have to be on the go with my computer, I prefer a desktop for its greater durability.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:06 PM on May. 4, 2013

• My DH has a desk computer with fax/copy machine etc. because of his business.
    I have a laptop but prefer my kindle fire. I just use it for personal use. I suppose it depends on what you need it for.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I have a laptop. Takes up less space.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:07 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I have a Dell desk top and an I pad mini I love! I just like Dell!

Answer by older at 1:10 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I had a desktop for years and the kids still do. I use a laptop now for myself, though. I prefer it because I spend a lot of time on the computer, between homeschool planning and my writing, and the laptop gives me the freedom to take it outside while the kids play or even to the park. I can sit in the living room, take it to bed, or sit at the table while the kids work.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:10 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I have a mac laptop and I use the hell out of it. Cut movies on, soundtracks on it and build portfolios on it. I would think about it do you lead a go go lifestyle are you on the run all of the time? Then a laptop serves that. If you are in set places I would get a desktop . I am a barber/ cosmetology student. I also film and write so I have a laptop. It all depends where most of your work takes place mine is all over.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:13 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I use both. My desktop is where I keep all of our business stuff, because it's easier to sit there for hours putting in numbers than it would be on a laptop. I also put my picture files there so they are all in one place. I use my laptop for all my personal stuff. My husband uses his laptop for all of his paperwork, so he can bring it with him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:13 PM on May. 4, 2013

• For me, a laptop for portability and space (although since I got my Kindle Fire I've been using my laptop much less), but my kids use a desktop since its much more durable.

Answer by missanc at 1:47 PM on May. 4, 2013

• we have both. the desktops are better for gaming, but the laptops are nice when you go on vacation or whatnot
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:05 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I have both now, but they need replacing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on May. 4, 2013