New neighbors, haven't even met them yet, and they have already annoyed me.

Well, not them but their dogs have annoyed me. They just moved in yesterday. They left 3 rather large dog houses right in front of our apartment and left a note on our door saying that she was sorry and she would break them down in the morning to store. No problem, I understand that. I also understand that it is raining and that is probably why they are still there. What I can't stand is the fact that every time, I open my door (or anyone of our neighbor's open the door), the dogs bark non-stop for 30 minutes. So annoying. 

We have lived here for almost 3 years and it has been so peaceful. No problems with the neighbors at all, which was a nice change from before when we owned a place and our neighbor got arrested and then threatened my husband (who is a booking officer) and threatened to kill myself and our son. He got an additional 6 months but then made our life hell when he got out of jail. That's when we sold and moved here. Our apartment doesn't allow people with felonies to live there. 

Anyways, I understand that the dogs just moved and they are probably getting settled in, but I hope this doesn't continue. This is the first time that we have ever had any problems here. 

So, I have two questions.

1. How long do you think it will take for the dogs to get settled.

2. If this continues, what would you do in my situation?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:32 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Barking dogs are the worst! We had an issue a couple of years ago that went on for months and months. The guy worked nights and had a dog door. His dog would go outside and bark his head off ALL NIGHT. Every night. In our city, there are nuisance animal laws. The owner gets a notice in the mail after the first complaint, a hand delivered letter after the second complaint, and at the third complaint, he will start getting fined by the city. It is also possible that the city will make the owner give the dog up if they get enough complaints in a 6 month period.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:37 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Not sure how long it will take for the dogs to get settled in but if the barking goes on for too long, I would talk to management.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:38 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I would buy one of those bark deterrents

http://www.wayfair.com/Intellipet-Dog-Bark-Control-Solver-X40-ZW16816-L1342-K~ITP1002.html?refid=GX21919340460-ITP1002&gclid=CMrt6PGPhbcCFWQ6QgodZT4AqQ
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:15 PM on May. 7, 2013