How can I help my son learn another language?

My son has been asking to learn another language. I started out by teaching him words in a variety of languages to see which language he would be interested in. He wants to learn Spanish. This school year, his school gave the 3rd graders an opportunity to learn Spanish with Rosetta Stone. I am not sure if they will be offering it again next school year when he will be in 3rd grade or not. What is something that I can do to help him this summer with learning Spanish (or any language)?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 3:04 PM on May. 4, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I homeschool my kids, and I use this site: http://www.elanguageschool.net/ to teach them (and me!) foreign languages. It has lists of common words, audio files to help you learn pronunciation, and all kinds of other info. It's not necessarily enough to become completely fluent, but it's a good start.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2013

• The best way to learn another language is to spend time around people who speak the language you want to learn.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:32 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Internet would have the language you son wants to learn, get him on that first then check out classes in your area and put him in it for learning with other people is faster and good for him.
    Susan1302

Answer by Susan1302 at 4:32 PM on May. 7, 2013