Cafemom is real slow compared to when I first joined....

I joined cafemom a few years ago and then I took a break for various reasons. It used to be so busy, I could spend way to much time looking through new questions each DAY. Now there are only a handful of new questions each day.

What happened??

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 3:37 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• On the weekends it is worse...

Answer by older at 3:42 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Cafemom was way better before the points system, actual questions about mom stuff were asked and actual answers were given. Now it's just a place to hang out, which is cool, but sometimes the real questions get lost in the sea of babbling.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:43 PM on May. 4, 2013

• cause the CM higher ups realized Answers doesnt make them enough money even after they started the points system idea. so they stopped putting any effort into it at all and a lot of moms left for their groups, got kicked off for being twunts, or were basically encouraged to leave b/c they were twunts.

we also do a much better job of breaking trolls than the admins did back in the day...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:48 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Yeah I like the no points system better..but now I just ignore it really lol
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on May. 4, 2013

• they changed it -started the points system and changed it again, and took the button to get here away from the bar.
    It had already slowed down some before that-but it made it WAY worse...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:11 PM on May. 4, 2013

• IDK, a lot changed, it seems. Even in groups, the CM endorsed groups thrive while the personally owned ones are flailing - I've had so many of my favorite groups close over the last year or two. All the changes they made here with the point system seem worthless when the way to earn points can be so trivial as playing games with one another. I kind of like earning the "degrees," to show who is more active in which section, but even then a troll could have just as high a level or "degree" as someone who genuinely helps or participates...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:03 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Too many anon trolls have chased a lot of moms away that were here for good debates. Whether it be Religion or Politics.
    I just wish they'd delete the anon button and maybe there won't be so much BS to wade through to get to the good stuff!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:22 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I agree...I left for awhile to and I dont like the cm. It doesnt seem as organized as it once was. I agree about taking away the anon button away also. Personally i think the higher ups love the drama and bs the anons bring!
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 6:35 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Actually Fairy, we really don't like it, they just allow us to vent our frustrations. I'd prefer adult conversations but I'm the first to add a smart ass answer to a dumb troll. Especially if I've had a bad day.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:26 PM on May. 5, 2013

• What happened??

Cafe mom took the downvotes away.  It's not NEARLY as much fun since then.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:54 PM on May. 6, 2013