My husband seems embarrassed of me :(

I come from a family without much money and I feel like my husband and his family judge me for that. I am 5'4 and I weigh 153 pounds which makes me about ten pounds overweight. But I carry a lot of the weight I have in my stomach and I have small hips, legs and arms just big belly. I have good hair and have always been told I have a pretty face but I have bad teeth :( my bad teeth and the fact that I have the mommy pouch( big belly) and my stretch marks give me low self esteem. He's talked to other women before in a flirtatious sexual way and it hurt me so bad. He calls me a c&nt and b$tch behind my back. He never introduced me to new people or takes me on dates and doesn't post pics of me on FB ever it's like I don't exist. And when he has to be seen with me he seems distant and ashamed. Also all of the porn and pics of perfect thin women make me feel not good enough. What would u do of u were me ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• leave him
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:15 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I'm wondering if your husband is really embarrassed or ashamed, or if you're projecting your own negative feelings about your appearance onto him. Only you can decide that for sure. Maybe just askhim. Of course, he probably won't admit it, but you might get is atention. If he really is that shallow, then he doesn't deserve you. But it's very easy to let low self-esteem talk you into believing that others feel negatively about you when they don't.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:22 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I agree with Ballad...also think of it this way. Would you want your daughter to stay with a man that treats her like your husband treats you?? If not, then perhaps you have some decissions to make.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:23 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I don't feel like its just my low self esteem causing me to think this. His actions and the way he treats me compared to when we first got together says it all. I have no motivation to exercise I don't get help with the kids so I have any time to. I want to get my teeth fixed but I can't afford to right now. My weight has been a constant struggle I've ranged from 135-217 back and forth from low to high for six years now because of three pregnancies and depression. I have a tendency to eat a lot when I'm down and be never spends time with me so I get bored being a stay at home mom I snack a lot and bake a lot and then I eat whatever it is I bake for the family. I get so bored and its all there is to do is clean then eat it seems
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Have you talked to him about all of this?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:04 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Even if your low self esteem isn't making you think this, it could be affecting his view of you. If you don't feel attractive and confident, you won't act attractive and confident and if you don't act attractive and confident, then people will not see you as attractive and confident. If you act like you're unattractive, then that's how others will see you.

You need to work on your self esteem - not to make him treat you differently, but to make you realize that you deserve to be treated better than you're currently being treated. More self esteem will also help you see if he's treating you poorly or if you just think he is because of how you feel about yourself.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:05 PM on May. 4, 2013

• If he makes you feel that way. Why are you still with him?

Answer by louise2 at 5:15 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I feel like no one else will want me for the same reasons he seems not to. Plus we have kids together.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:34 PM on May. 4, 2013

• So you stay with him because of the kids and you are afraid you will not find another man. You might find another man that treats you better.Even with kids. And if you don't?

Answer by louise2 at 6:14 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Never stay with a man that disrespects you! Is this how you want to portray a relationship/marriage to your children?
    He's a dick and if I were you I'd leave his ass!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:18 PM on May. 4, 2013