Even if you can't stand her music.... have to at least feel sympathy about this. Talk about BAD parenting. My child is evil BUT, I'm going to still profit off her.

Katy Perry's Dad Refers To Her As A 'Devil Child' In Sermons?

According to U.K.'s The Sun, Katy Perry's dad is not too happy about his daughter's career. Firebrand preacher Keith Hudson reportedly called Perry a "devil child" in a string of sermons and urged congregations to "pray for Katy."

Allegedly, Hudson ranted about his 28-year-old daughter while speaking in Santa Fe Springs, Calif., saying, “They ask how can I preach if I produce a girl who sang about kissing another girl? I was at a concert of Katy’s where there were 20,000. I’m watching this generation and they were going at it. It almost looked like church."

“I stood there and wept and kept on weeping and weeping," he reportedly added. "They’re loving and worshipping the wrong thing."

Hudson and his wife Mary are currently touring churches around the U.S. as guest speakers. But according to The Sun, Perry's parents are trying to "heal" her instead of praise her.

The pair also allegedly asked for donations, "not one or two dollars, but 20s," so they can reportedly go to Switzerland.

Asked by 3libras at 4:16 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Religious Debate

• ive also read interviews were she says her family supports her, but then others where she's said they dont...who knows. but i know she tried to get into the Christian music scene first and even had an album. and when that did work she tried Country. and when that didnt work she tried Alterna-Pop (think Alanis Morrsette). and when that didnt work she was put with a guy responsible for Kissed a Girl and some of her other songs.

so most artists, she changed her style and persona in order to get famous. so maybe her parents were okay with it till the realized what she was doing...and im sure the divorce didnt help out either. but being uber religious they have to pretend they arent okay with it or no one would listen to their preaching. kinda like what happened with Jessica Simpson's pastor dad.

either way profiting off of it like that is sad.

Answer by okmanders at 8:53 PM on May. 4, 2013

• And he never once used the term "devil's child"

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2013

• I actually met her parents. I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a service that he preached at. I know that they love their child. They just don't support her current lifestyle. He is not a moron. They are a very nice couple.

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 4:11 PM on May. 5, 2013

• The guy's a moron. It isn't the first time he has made headlines over hateful comments. Last year he made anti-Semitic comments during a sermon. He's a fanatical jerk.

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:09 AM on May. 5, 2013

• I suppose the old saying is true ... no such thing as "bad publicity".

Seriously, why is this even a story in a newspaper? I mean really? This is the kind of crap that is considered "news"?

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:52 AM on May. 5, 2013

• That seems odd to me, because I have read interviews with Katy where she says her family is very supportive of her.

Answer by marymargret at 6:32 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Poor Katy....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:38 PM on May. 4, 2013

• That's sad. Parents are supposed to love their kids unconditionally.

Answer by Ballad at 4:27 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I didn't go to any of the links, but I know she has a pretty HARDCORE religious family. Not sure the denomination, but I'm betting Pentecostal or something close to it from what I have heard about them. So of course, they would say those things about her

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:24 PM on May. 4, 2013

• weird

Answer by staciandababy at 4:17 PM on May. 4, 2013