Oh, the neighbors must think I'm Mom of the Year ...

My five-year-old and I went over to see if the neighbor's granddaughter could play. Nobody was home, and my little angel had a screaming hissy fit because she was disappointed. I've felt a bit scrutinized in the neighborhood lately after one lady threatened to call CPS because I have a disability and she saw me on the way to the hot tub with my daughter, so now I felt like every eye in the complex was on me. I made my daughter stand up and walk home with me, screaming all the way and trying to throw herself on the ground while I held her by the hands and kept her moving. I did what I had to do, but I felt like a jerk, and I'm embarrassed. Don't you just love when your kids go crazy in public--not!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:08 PM on May. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry : /
    You have had a rough week.

When my kids acted out in public, I felt like crawling into a dark hole somewhere -and I can say, I didn't always deal with them in the most...calm matter.

Hopefully, she has mellowed out and you can have a peaceful day from here on out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:18 PM on May. 4, 2013

• You remember these embarrassing moments Ballad and use it against her in her teen years, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:59 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Hey yeah, I write the certificates and your is in the mail!

My kid sat down and cried right outside the store the other day so I tried the "okay I'm leaving without you" thing and she screamed non stop for like 5 minutes. We had walked to the store and I got more than I anticipated so I had a handful of grocery bags (2 liter of pop, gallon of milk, bag of veggies)

I had to drag her home.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:38 PM on May. 4, 2013

• it sucks no matter what. love when it happens in a very public place, like the middle of the grocery store. ugh.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:37 PM on May. 4, 2013