My three year old wears a size 13 shoe! Is this normal?!

Yeah... you heard right. A SIZE 13!!! His doctor says he is just a tall kid, but he is the same height as a 7 year old we know! I'm 6 feet and his dad is around 5'9. My 3 year old comes up to my waist! Just wanted to see if there were any other moms who have/ had boys with a larger foot.

starlit_kissez

Asked by starlit_kissez at 8:23 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No but nothing wrong with it either (assuming he's a healthy weight for his height?)
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:25 PM on May. 4, 2013

• It is for your child
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:28 PM on May. 4, 2013

• yep his height and weight ratio is perfect. i just wanted to see if i was the only mom with a child that had such a big foot lol. shoe buying is crazy....
    starlit_kissez

Comment by starlit_kissez (original poster) at 8:32 PM on May. 4, 2013

• It's normal for him. My 11 year old is 5'6 and wears a size 10 mens shoe. That's big for most boys his age, and he's always been tall. I'm 5'5 and his dad was 6'. I expect him to easily pass 6' at this rate.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:33 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Size 13 is a bit on the large side for a three-year-old--my five-year-old wears a nine--but if your kid is a good weight for his height, it's fine. I bet you have a hard time finding shoes with characters on them for toddlers, though.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:40 PM on May. 4, 2013

• My son was about that size when he was 3. His foot growth slowed down at around size 2 but now he is 8 years old and wears a size 6. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:45 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I thought my five year old DD had big feet. She is 5.5 and in a size 12. However, I am comparing her to her brother who has small feet! He is almost 9 and JUST made it into a size 1. lol. So happy to be out of the toddler shoes!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 PM on May. 4, 2013

• It's normal for your child. My 12 year old is in a eight and a half men's. Not even a teenager yet.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:22 PM on May. 4, 2013

• my 3 year old girl wears an 8.5
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:40 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I don't know... Our 10 yr old wears a 10.5 in mens trainers... He's 5'2, and is 125. He's almost as tall as me... Our 16 yr old son is 6'2, 185,and wears a size 13.5 shoe...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:22 PM on May. 4, 2013