Is there anything a woman can do to decrease her four percent chance of having a baby with a chromosomal abnormality if she conceives at age 42? adult content

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 8:44 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• It's the luck of the draw. The percentage is higher the older you get because there are less people in that percentile! Think about it, It's very swayed. Just less people in that statistic so the percentages are not the same as the percentage of Women who are pregnant in their late 20's. If that makes sense. I saw a Geneticist because of my age. There is also a test called the CVS test to check for abnormalities at 10 weeks & you can find out the sex too. This way you do not have to wait until an amnio for results. I had my Daughter at 44. No issues.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:28 PM on May. 4, 2013

• No, there isn't. However, it's a good idea to look at this kind of stat the other way round as in - a 42 yo woman has a 96% chance of NOT having a child with a chromosomal anomaly.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:36 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Nope.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 PM on May. 4, 2013

• JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:04 PM on May. 4, 2013