I hate teenagers.

What is with them these days? Where we ALL little douche bags as teenagers?
I was in the dressing room the other day and listened to a twit yell at her Grandma, her GRANDMOTHER! I would NEVER even imagine speaking to my grandmother that way. My 15 yr old brother has been caught in lies (denies naturally) and complains to anyone who will listen about how big a bitch I am and how big an ass our dad is. He has it all over FB about how hard he has it, he will bend over backwards to help his friends dad do chores but act as if you want him to do hard labor to take the garbage out here at the house. I was in the beauty salon getting my hair done today and the teen getting her hair done for prom was SO rude to the woman doing her hair, I would have oops'd a chunk of hair off! Every Encounter I have had with a teen lately makes me want to give my boys away while they're still cute!

Did you (or your kids) survive through their teen years?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 9:44 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Just be sure to raise yours the right way so no one bitches about them... I myself love our son, he's 16, almost 17, and we couldn't be more proud. We get compliments all the time. So when you see crappy attitudes, and bad behavior, just remember it took shitty parents to make them that way.... IMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:14 PM on May. 4, 2013

• * little kids annoy me more than teens do!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:53 PM on May. 4, 2013

• Yeah, there are a lot of "fine" examples of the rude, egotistical, narcissistic, morons which you described. Fortunately there are plenty of great examples of responsible, outgoing, motivated young men & women who will make us proud. We just don't always notice them b/c are attention is focused on the loud, obnoxious ones.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:28 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I did, and my kids will, but I swear the two teens that go by my house before and after school every day won't survive the month. I was leaving in my car yesterday morning, and they were walking to the bus stop. Thought it was hilarious to weave back and forth in front of my car. Until, of course, I got fed up, hit the horn and pressed the gas. They tease my dog, and just generally irritate the hell out of me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:50 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I love my teens. They have their moments- but don't we ALL?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:51 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I was and still am a goodie two shoes. My daughter's teen years were pretty drama free. My son? I didn't think we were going to make it through without heavy medication. Somehow we did make it through, and without medication.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:52 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I have two tweens and two teens, and I love them to pieces! Omg, and their friends are so cute too! I love this age because you can talk to them and they get it, you don't have to dumb things down and explain things 1000 times. I tell them to do something, and they do it. Sure, there is grumbling and "aww do I have to right now?" but they know I don't put up with shit and they know that they need to respect me (as well as their teachers, etc).

I know there are teens out there who are stupid and who are disrespectful, but I have yet to run into them personally. Every time I go to the middle school or high school after school to drop something off there's a kid holding the door for me, or saying thank you if I hold it for them. My kids' friends always say please and thank you and are generally very kind and respectful around me. Idk why people hate teens so much, most of them really aren't bad at all.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:33 PM on May. 4, 2013

• My sister just turned 15- oh the stupidity!
    Anonymous

• God I'm fucked. My tween already annoys the hell out of me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:06 PM on May. 4, 2013

• "little kids annoy me more than teens do! "

Omg yes! I've noticed now that I no longer have little kids that the little ones really grate on my nerves. I watched one little guy (about 3 yrs old) last summer playing in the baby pool during a swim meet. He went out of his way to splash some teenage girls who were sitting nearby waiting for their event. Finally one girl turned around as said, "could you please stop that". The kid's mom marched over to the girl and said, "Why don't you leave him alone? He's just a little boy." They dad of the girl said, "My kids were never that bratty when they were little". I can't imagine what that little boy will be like as a teenager.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:43 PM on May. 4, 2013