Should I say something or just let it go?

Tonight was my daughter's prom. She was going with a bunch of friends (mixture of girls and boys). She looks absolutely beautiful. I totally think her father should have been here for this, but he is the one that left and wanted the divorce. So, I don't feel sorry for him. His loss.

My boyfriend was here this weekend and left as he didn't want to deal with all the teens. I understand but at the same time, it would have been nice if he was here for me. I know I'm being selfish so I haven't said anything to him. I don't want to cause a fight.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Should I say anything to him or just let it go?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• So did either you or your DD make him aware that you wanted him there BEFORE tonight? If he had no idea then what did he do wrong? If he knew and he still choose to not be there and you have been together 2.5 years then yes I would say something calmly. If he had no idea then I would let him know next time and see what happens, but let this one go.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:58 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Make it about your Daughter, it's her day, so take the focus and put it towards something positive, and let it go. She's going to be grown and gone before you know it, so make it a happy day for the two of you. After all, you are the one that stuck it out, and raised her. I hope she has a wonderful time.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:11 PM on May. 4, 2013

• How long have y'all been dating? I say, if you really wanted him there, I would let him know for the next time. Be sure to tell him why. He may have thought that you wanted your space to spend time with your daughter during this milestone in her life.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:11 PM on May. 4, 2013

• are you the type of person who will let this fester and build until you bring it up in a totally unrelated fight? If so ,then ya just let him know you wish he would have stuck around. if it's something you wont even think about tomorrow, then no, just let it go.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:05 PM on May. 4, 2013

• You should say GOOD BY. If he refuses to be their for your DD. He is not worth being with.

Answer by louise2 at 9:22 AM on May. 5, 2013

• I will let it fester unless I can convince myself that I am being unreasonable and should just drop it. I'm looking for some opinions here.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:07 PM on May. 4, 2013

• So basically her prom was about bf being there for you? The logic makes no sense. Let it go. If you let something like that fester then you have a bigger problem than him not staying around a bunch of teens. Get on with it. It's not about you.
    Anonymous

• We have been dating for 2 1/2 yrs....I'm NOT saying that her prom was about my bf being there for me. I enjoyed the day with her and made it special for her. I wasn't saying it was about me. Geez.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 10:40 PM on May. 4, 2013

• I'm curious what you would have wanted from your boyfriend. He may have thought getting out of the way so you and your daughter could have a girlie day was the best thing he could do. Decide what you would have liked from him, and even if you don't say anything this time, you'll know what to ask for if something similar comes up again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:59 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Did he know that you wanted him to stay? If you didn't say to him " I would really like you to be here with me. I could use your support" Then I don't see how you can be upset with him.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:14 AM on May. 5, 2013