Whats a rebound girl??I REALLY NEED ANSWERS PLEASE HELP?

people tell me im a rebound girl for this guy he been with his ex of 7 years maybe more years. he quit taking me out on dates. i havent been out on a date with him in 5 months and we live together. i moved in with him. he dont take me out with him he leave me in the house when i ask him to take me somewhere he make up excuses im only 18 and hes 23...he likes to go party and stuff but i cant drive so he leaves me at home to clean or whatever and watch tv...he dont want me talking to about him on facebook nor twitter he has no picture of me on his page anywhere...he dont tweet about us like i do about us...he dont want me tweeting about him he accepted my relationship request but took it out of public view so it can be seen on his profile but since he dont get on there much nobody didnt see it so thats why he took it off the public newsfeed and put it on his page so nobody wont comment on it so they can know like his other previous relationships...im not in college i just have a waitressing job but i be at home most of the times

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• It means he is using you.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:58 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Why? Why would you waste your life with him? And please don't say it's because of the kids!
    This is YOUR life! If you don't like taking the back seat while he's driving then get the hell out!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:00 AM on May. 5, 2013

• You're worse than a rebound girl, dear. You're a slave.

And slavery is illegal in this country.

Not only that, he's isolating you, which is the first step toward abuse. I wouldn't be surprised if he DID abuse his ex.

Go pack. RIGHT NOW. Get out of there RIGHT NOW. This minute. Go home to your parents. GO TO SCHOOL. Make something of yourself. Make yourself a woman who doesn't NEED to have a man but finds them nice to have around when they treat you well.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:08 AM on May. 5, 2013

• If you can't tell he's using you, you have bigger issues and you really should not be dating anyone until you understand the bigger issues. You're not together if someone is hiding their association with you. In a normal relationship, two people are open about their relationship with everyone they know. He got a live-in housekeeper for free when you moved it. Take it from someone who's been there, move out as soon as possible and enroll in college. I guarantee you that you will look back on this as a totally different and wiser person after you've finished college. I'm not saying this to mean but just to help you -- you are naive when you are young. I was the same when I was young. You need to explore life on your own. Your priorities should be 1)Enroll in college 2)Maintain a job & pay bills 3) Finish College 4)Get a better job w/your new degree 5) Invest in building your skills 6) Date around - shop for the best man for you
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:15 AM on May. 5, 2013

• A rebound girl is someone who stands inwhen what the guy really wants is his ex. Someone to keep his bed warm, but not someone he's serious about or in love with. You deserve better. Hit the road, you're only eighteen, don't put up with this and waste your best years only to wish you had them back when you finally wake up to the truth.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 AM on May. 5, 2013

• the only income i have coming is from the national guard one weekend out of the month and many people is calling me a rebound because he hid the relationship status from public newsfeed and let it show on his page only since he dont be on there anymore like that and they say im young and hes using me because there barely anything he can do with me due to the law of being able to enter fun places at 21....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:28 AM on May. 5, 2013

• TIme to get additional income, then. Yes, he is using you! Get out of there NOW.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:31 AM on May. 5, 2013

• im a waitress..that counts? people also telling me its better ot have my own house because i moved out so fast i was only born in 1994 and thats how people see it because he was born in 1990
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:34 AM on May. 5, 2013

• May I suggest that you consider enrolling in the military full-time? You will get education, job training, access to resources, and a lifetime of discounts. Plus, it will help you explore the world better. You're young and you should be exploring the world. I would suggest the Air Force since most people I know preferred it. I will tell you that from age 18-25 should be the years you should be investing mostly in your self. Most people don't mature until around age 30 so save yourself the time and don't waste time on guys. Your life has to be complete BEFORE the right person will find you because that is what makes you attractive - being independent and not needing anyone, being able to take care of yourself, having a good career, not being in debt, being wise.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:38 AM on May. 5, 2013

• ya he really think i need him because i moved in with him
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:40 AM on May. 5, 2013