Do increased bowel movements mean anything?

I have been lucky enough to escape the pregnancy constipation pretty much but I would usually be going about every two days. Now I have been going about 2-3 times a day...nothing gross either just the normal BM but it has increased so I was just curious to see if anyone ever heard of that meaning anything. I know that sometimes before labor women can have diarrhea, but I haven't had that.

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 11:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it means anything serious. You are probably just eating much more than usual.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• sometimes your body speeds up for what reason? the body or baby needing more nutrients or just to keep it somewhat cleared out before you deliver. either way in some women it is a good sign that labor is soon.

setliff

Answer by setliff at 11:33 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• no it doesnt mean anything really the farther along i get the more i go my dr just said its what im eating it is having a different affect on me ... but no i really dont think it means anything serious
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm 40w1d(kill me!) and I've been having several BMs each day for the past 2 weeks. I don't mind though it's better than being constipated!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:42 PM on Feb. 17, 2009