What do you see wrong here?

Scenario (true): birth mom gives birth to 7th child and has been using cocaine throughout these pregnancies...why does this woman still have parental rights? Why can't the law just take them away? or fix her so she can't have anymore......I think something needs to change!

Asked by older at 9:37 AM on May. 5, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

Level 68 (2,241,655 Credits)
  • I completely agree older! I see it everyday at work and wonder why in the hell these drs continue to prescribe drugs to pregnant women who are addicted!
    We have a customer who just had her 5th baby, who knows who the father is but the baby was born with a hole in her heart, addicted to morphine and who pays besides this precious baby? Taxpayers!
    Something DOES need to be done!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:44 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Ok then, where do you draw the line? How would the government decide who is sterilized and what will the criteria be? You know there will be loopholes and those who *should* be sterilized will not be while other women will be wrongfully sterilized. I'm not sure you really want the government to tell us who should and should not be allowed to have children.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:21 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Forced sterilization concerns me. I agree that there is a problem but I don't think forced sterilization is the avenue to follow down.  Who would be in charge of deciding who should be sterilized and who should not be sterilized?  I don't trust our government.  I don't trust either political party they are all corrupt, the last thing I would want to do is give them the power to decide who should be sterilized and who should not.   Call me a worry wart, but that is just a really scary thought.

marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 11:56 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Because this is the country that once classified being black as retardation and used it as a legal reason to sterilize women. We do not need to go down that road again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:41 AM on May. 5, 2013

• In an ideal world, this poor excuse for a woman would have been forced into a rehab after drug-addicted baby #1 or 2. The fact that she was allowed to produce 7 drug addicted innocent little humans is disgraceful. She has proven she is not fit to be a mother & should get no say whatsoever when it comes to the adoption of these children into loving homes. Something she is incapable of providing. I hope the Judge can see this & allows that sweet little angel to stay w/ your dau where she belongs. Best of luck.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:09 AM on May. 5, 2013

• louise, you're an idiot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Oh God older! This can't be happening to your daughter and your family!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 9:57 AM on May. 5, 2013

• She's beautiful older! Let's stay positive that the courts know she is in the right home!
    I'm sorry you guys need to worry like this!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:03 AM on May. 5, 2013

• because forced sterilization is the ideals of a barbaric society.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:06 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Because playing God is just wrong.

Answer by louise2 at 9:45 AM on May. 5, 2013