My daughter wants an abortion

My 16 year old daughter wants an abortion she wants me to take her I told her I am sorry and cannot. I don't believe in it...Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 5, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Does your daughter have someone else who she can talk to? Someone who will listen and be supportive?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:04 AM on May. 5, 2013

• This is a tough one. You are her mother, you should be supportive of her in any way possible. Are you going to hold her hand as she gives this baby up for adoption, or are you going to be there when she needs a baby sitter for school? Or are you going to let her drop out and make life hard for her?
    Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for you children. I would go with her, hold her hand, and be there for her.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:09 AM on May. 5, 2013

• While you may not agree with it personally, this is your daughter's decision, not yours. She is choosing what she feels is the best option for her at this time in her life. If you cannot be the one to help her or be supportive, I hope she has a close friend or other trusted adult she can turn to.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2013

• This is why she is pregnant. You're in La La land. Why ask us for advice? Actually I think this post is BS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 5, 2013

• Abortion exists therefore you simply cannot choose to "not believe in it". It's not a mythical creature, being or idea. It is a medical procedure which stops a pregnancy before a fetus becomes viable. What you can do is decide whether it is an acceptable procedure for YOU. And since you are not the one that is pregnant it is not your decision to make. Oh you can refuse to support your daughter in HER decision, refuse to take her to the appointment, etc. But you cannot refuse to BELIEVE in abortion because it exists whether you want it to or not. Likewise your daughter will find the means to end an unwanted pregnancy without your help if it is something she really wants to do.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:21 AM on May. 5, 2013

• I would not *want* to do it either. I am against abortion for the sake of abortion. ( I do feel that health and viability of mother and/or baby can be a factor) However, if it was my daughter I would not say flat out 'no I won't take you to do that' We would sit down with a non-bias person a a place such as a family planning center. Go over all available options and outcomes with a mediator. Then if she still decides abortion is what she wants to do I support *her*. I don't have to support or like her choice but I do have to support her- she is my child. At least I know she weighed all options fairly and calmly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:21 AM on May. 5, 2013

• How sad.....you realize how many women out there would kill for a newborn?

Answer by older at 11:32 AM on May. 5, 2013

• I begged her not to do it. I just don't agree with it. I told her put it up for adoption or let me raise the baby I have no problem doing that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 AM on May. 5, 2013

• This is an awful place to be in. If you believe as I do that abortion is murder, then how can you take her. You would not help your child kill anyone else. However you are her mother and you lover and this is a hard time for her and you are there to help her.
    However it is your job to teach her and raise her with the right values and two of those are , we do nor kill, and you have to take responsibility for you actions.
    It can be said that killing this child is taking responsibility. But that violates the other thing we should be teaching.
    Has she been taken to the places that offer the other options?
    In most places once she has become pregnant, she can declare herself an independent adult. Is she ready to support herself?
    Where is the father? (hers and the baby's)
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:43 AM on May. 5, 2013

• i dont think she needs your consent anyway. perhaps she was only asking because she wants her mother there to support her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:54 AM on May. 5, 2013