Significant others sleeping over

My daughter is 22 years old she has been with her boyfriend two years. She has been begging me to let her boyfriend spend the night I told her I do not approve of that and there will be no guys spending the night in my home. I told her that if she wants that they need to get their own place....opinions...suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on May. 5, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I'd feel the same way. I'm old school. If that was good enough for me then it's good enough for my kids.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:35 PM on May. 5, 2013

• I think it's whatever you are comfortable with and it's your decision. Personally I would allow it but that's just me!
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 2:40 PM on May. 5, 2013

• I won't allow it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on May. 5, 2013

• If they are living toether and they come visit from out of town, sure. But if your child lives at home, I wouldn't allow a sleep over.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:50 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Nope, wouldnt allow it. My house, my rules.
    LadyAmaranth

Answer by LadyAmaranth at 2:55 PM on May. 5, 2013

• At 22 I'd be a bit less of a prude and flat out say He can sleep over but no sex. Let's be honest they're already sleeping together but if you can respect her choices as an adult she will respect your choices as to the house rules.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:04 PM on May. 5, 2013

• I never had a bf sleep over but I did sleep at my now dh's house while we were dating in my teens and my mom didn't have a problem with it.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 3:08 PM on May. 5, 2013

• your house, your rules. I started dating my dh when I was 18, moved out and married him when I was 22 and there was no way my parents would allow it. I never asked though. I think you're doing the right thing. she can do like I used to if she wants a sleepover, get a hotel room lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:14 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Does she pay rent? If so then she does 'have her own place' If she is not paying rent then sure, your house your rules.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:30 PM on May. 5, 2013

• so, you ask our opinions and suggestions, but then in one response you say you won't allow it.

So, really- you just want us to agree with you on this.
    ***********

personally, I'd be ok with it-she is 22 and they have been together 2 years!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:37 PM on May. 5, 2013