SO of another question If your 16 year old wanted to get an abortion would you allow her to?

I am assuming that you have to sign for her to be able to do so, I would allow my child to have an abortion, if that was the choice she wanted to make. I wouldn't expect her to, and would allow her to keep it or adopt it out as well. I am just curious if you mothers would allow your child to choose.

PS- this isn't about pro choice or not, just if she wanted it would you sign for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on May. 5, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I would sign
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:43 AM on May. 6, 2013

• I would sign
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:41 PM on May. 5, 2013

• same as I said in the other Question.
    "I am against abortion for the sake of abortion. ( I do feel that health and viability of mother and/or baby can be a factor) However, if it was my daughter I would not say flat out 'no I won't take you to do that' We would sit down with a non-bias person a a place such as a family planning center. Go over all available options and outcomes with a mediator. Then if she still decides abortion is what she wants to do I support *her*. I don't have to support or like her choice but I do have to support her- she is my child. At least I know she weighed all options fairly and calmly."
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:42 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Yes. I would talk to her about the whole situation - a lot - and I would sign. I know where I was at when I was that age, and there is no way I would have wanted to have a baby. If I had gotten pregnant at that age, I would have sneaked away to get an abortion without my parents knowing. I never could have talked to them about it, and I don't want to be the kind of parents that I had. I want my kids to know they can talk to me and I would be supportive.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:49 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Absolutely.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:02 PM on May. 5, 2013

• It's ultimately her choice so I'd sign if she needed it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:04 PM on May. 5, 2013

• As long as I knew she had done her "homework" and educated her about ALL her options, and she chose to abort, I would 100% support her decision. Would I agree with it? I have no idea. I would support her though.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:17 PM on May. 5, 2013

• I would. I would never make any decision for her in that situation because its something that she has to live with, not me. I think it's ridiculous that people even entertain the idea of telling their dd what to do or making the decision for her if she becomes pregnant. Educate her about her options and help her make the right decision FOR HER.
    Anonymous

• I would sign
    Anonymous

• NO...Girls should be educated properly in sexual manners and they should be told what could happen. If she has knowledge and knew this could happen then no I would not. IF she was not ready to be a mom then I would seek out the proper authorities to adopt the baby. And it is murder. The only way I might consider it is if she was raped.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 6:46 PM on May. 5, 2013