How does this work?

If a person drinks a six pack of cokes and lots of water during one week will that person still can weight due to drinking lots of cokes doesn't the water kind of deluted in some way...lol
I hope I am explaining myself ok.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on May. 5, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• No, the water doesn't "kind of" dilute it. Each can has 140 calories, so 840 calories for the whole six pack. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:36 PM on May. 5, 2013

• The Calories are still taken in, no matter how much water is taken in with them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:46 PM on May. 5, 2013

• a calorie is a calorie- there is now "watering it down"

you can drink soda or whatever else and lose weight- but you have to consider ALL the calories you are taking in. Personally, I would rather EAT my calories ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:54 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:59 PM on May. 5, 2013

• You can't dilute calories. If you could, then the key to getting rid of obesity would be to get people to drink gallons of water each day.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:04 PM on May. 5, 2013

• Considering each can is about 160 calories. 150 X 6+960 calories no mater what else you are putting in your body.
    If this is the absolute total o what you consume in any manner, you might lose a little weight in an unhealthy manner.

1600 calorie diet is considered to be sufficient to maintain the average female body (maintenance.)
    That would leave you about 649 calories in food you could consume if you were maintaining your weight, That is not of a heck of a lot to play with.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:09 PM on May. 5, 2013

• I wish OP, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:14 PM on May. 5, 2013

• soda pop contains sodium which isn't helping with any weight loss. its not so much calories but how much you drink a day too.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:56 AM on May. 6, 2013

• Do you have a smart phone? a really great tool to calculate calories in and out is "my fitness pal". It's great especially if you are having a hard time understanding the relationship between what you eat, drink, burn, and retain and it could be a good tool for you to get on a healthy track. If you don't have a smart phone I recommend using a similar service on livestrong online called "my plate" good luck!
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 10:10 AM on May. 6, 2013

• If your theory was correct than the 2 pieces of full fat delicious key lime pie I just enjoyed would be negated by the 1 Liter of water I chugged just after. Unfortunately those calories are going to haunt me, but I made an emotional decision that tasted delicious and will have consequences in the calorie bank department... I'm ok with that TODAY
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:11 PM on May. 14, 2013