I think it's time D:

Ever since my DD has been born she has been sleeping in the bed with me or in her bassinet she is 3months old I'm to afraid to put her in her crib at the moment..Should I put her in the crib just to see how it goes? or is there a different way I can do it?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 11:38 PM on May. 5, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could try the crib and see how it goes. Maybe start her in the crib during her day time naps to get her use to it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:46 PM on May. 5, 2013

• What makes you afraid to put your baby in the crib? Just place her on her back to sleep, and if it worries you, there are these pillow wedge things you can get to help keep her from rolling over. I used the wedges because my daughter didn't seem to like the wide open space of the crib, so she was more comfortable sort of tucked into the wedge nest. Check your baby section at Wal-Mart or Target or wherever.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:50 PM on May. 5, 2013

• There is nothing wrong with co-sleeping.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:47 AM on May. 6, 2013

• Put the crib by your bed. Start now my 5 month old wont sleep in hers. Will literally stay up all day if I even try to put her in there.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:02 AM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree with the ladys but yea try crib for nap times is the crib in ur room? u can also try co-sleeping for a while drop one side of ur crib and put it up against ur side of the bed its like baby is in bed with u but still in her crib
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 12:30 AM on May. 6, 2013

• Put her in there for naps, put the crib in your room, but do NOT put anything extra in there like the pillow wedges, remove the bumper if you have one, and a light blanket. Do not have anything in the crib that could possibly cause suffocation. Things in the crib terrify me.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:46 AM on May. 6, 2013

• That's a good idea thanks :)
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on May. 5, 2013

• The reason why is b/c I'm afraid that something might happen to her while she is in the crib and that I want get there in time to see what's wrong..yea I know I'm crazy
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 11:53 PM on May. 5, 2013

• That never popped in my mind and idk why but a good suggestion I'll start tomorrow
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on May. 6, 2013

• The crib isn't in my room yet but it will be when I get out of class tomorrow
    Shaketa123

Comment by Shaketa123 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on May. 6, 2013