Will start testing for Meniere’s Disease tomorrow. Anyone else know about this?

I looked up the symptoms but I was a little confused.
I've only had short periods of vertigo (then again I never really realize when they start or stop) and it is very mild compared to what I have been reading up on. I have the fullness in my ear, fluctuating hearing loss and ringing in my ears (Tinnitus), but once again mild.

I was wondering if anyone had symptoms as mild as mine, yet still got a verified diagnosis. I guess I'm just worried about getting the right results.

(Side note for technicality - yes, I am being tested for other possible illnesses/diseases but this is what my GP emphasized so it is what I am more focused on.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on May. 6, 2013 in Health

• My uncle had Meniere's. He ended up losing his hearing. He had worse symptoms, it appears- severe dizziness, nausea.

Answer by Bmat at 8:22 AM on May. 6, 2013

• My mom has it. She is deaf in one ear. She would literally be floored from the sudden waves of dizziness. Cutting out the salt and caffeine help quite a bit. It's been a long time since she's had a severe attack. It mostly under control now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 AM on May. 6, 2013