Has Anyone gotten pregnant after getting off of the Depo-Shot??

I have been on the depo-shot for almost 3 years and got off of it last month. I am just wondering if anyone has had success getting pregnant after getting off of the depo-shot and about how long it took.

MorbidFraggle

Asked by MorbidFraggle at 11:47 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i havent but ive known a few who got pregnant about a month getting off it.. .others took about a year.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I haven't but i know a few women who got pregnant right after getting off of it. ..others took up to a year. it can stay in your system up to a year but not for everyone. Good luck :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was on the depo shot for only 3 months but it took me 3 years to get pregnant. I will never do the shot again. Good luck....
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My friend did, but it took her a couple of years. It can sometimes take a long time to get all of the shot out of your system and start ovulating and having regular periods again, but lots of people get pregnant after being on the shot.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• ok i was on the depo shot for alomst two years,and i didnt have my period while i was on depo.I got off depo last August,but i didnt start to get my period back to almost January and even then it was irregular.I think it was May when it finally went back to normal and i got pregnant at the end of july.I think it all depends on your body personally.Im now 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant.Good luck
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I was on depo for 2 years and finally stopped because i gained 60 pounds in 2 years... I lost 30 of it then got pregnant a year later... I didnt try any sooner than that but once i did try i had no problem.
    Mommyof2Angels9

Answer by Mommyof2Angels9 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009