Is this a Warranted call to CPS?

Neighbors do not watch their children outside.
the youngest is 2.5 (3 in July)
the 2 year old is very often "watched" by the middle child (5)...I have heard the father tell the five year old to watch the youngest, then he goes in the house (this is not for a moment, this is for hour plus)

yesterday, the youngest (2.5), is outside alone, in a T shirt and a diaper (nothing else)
is was cold, not a barefoot kind of day
the leaving the child alone (or with the sibling who is five) is common place

does CPS care about a situation like this, or do they have too much going on to 'care' about this

last summer, the boy almost got hit by a car, because mother was 7 houses down chatting, left her littlest alone in the house with the dog, child opened door, dog ran out, child followed into the street, dog was hit
also child was found by neighbor in the alley alone twice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on May. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• yes,definitely

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:16 AM on May. 6, 2013

• I'd say call. They might not do anything, but at least you tried to get them help.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:26 AM on May. 6, 2013

• It would not hurt to call...

Answer by older at 7:35 AM on May. 6, 2013

• How awful! Yes, I would call. I would hope it wouldn't take for something terrible to happen before these poor excuse for parents get a freakin clue!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:46 AM on May. 6, 2013

• my sister's kids does this. you can call and they will monitor the situation and it'll give them a wake up call but they won't do much about it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:49 AM on May. 6, 2013

• In a heartbeat!
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 8:04 AM on May. 6, 2013

• i am having some therapists come to the house now
    starting with a few hours and going up to 20 plus

can i assume that a person who works with an agency that works with children - HAS to report this type of action when he or she sees it?

* yes, i am a whimp, but these people are very angry people and i do not want them finding out that i was one who called, they could very well, and most likely would take their anger out on me and heaven forbid my child
    a therapist who works at a clinic, who is commissioned by the federal government would be the one that calls...she will see it, everyone on block sees it.

do they people who get CPS called on them KNOW who made the call to report???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:09 AM on May. 6, 2013

• The thearpist will not be paying attention to your neighbors as they are supposed to be working with YOUR children. Calls to CPS are completely anonymous at least to the person being reported. They may suspect who called, but they could suspect wrongly and still take it out on you. Whimp or not I would be calling myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on May. 6, 2013