What is a good (inexpensive) multivitamin?

There are a lot of good ones, but with 5 people in our family...it adds up. I know not all vitamins are quality, what do you recommend for good but in the budget?

energygirl

Asked by energygirl at 11:42 AM on May. 6, 2013 in Health

• If you are cooking healthy meals for your family there is no reason to be feeding them vitamins.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:59 AM on May. 6, 2013

• I use the Equate one-a-day vitamins from Wal-Mart.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:28 PM on May. 6, 2013

• i like 1st century(purple and white bottle)
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:19 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I don't believe in any vitamins, you end up peeing them away most of the time, but I do have a product that it is not inexpensive but works to get your body working at it' peak, getting rid of free radicals...thus allowing your body to work at it's best...pm me if you want to know, it is $47, a bottle for a month, with shipping and handling but so worth it.!!! You probably have been throwing $ away with pills that do not work...this one can be proven to work with a simple blood test....

Answer by older at 9:05 AM on May. 7, 2013

• $47 a bottle? i think that is considered high. Anyway. You only pee away vitamins if your body is on overload. Daily vitamins can very much be good for the body. I feel sooooo much better taking them. I've tried the Equate ones from Walmart but they're bulky and make me feel sick sometimes. I love love the gummies from Rite Aid-for adults. I think they're called One a Day or something like that. Good luck :)
    dimples2k13

Answer by dimples2k13 at 9:27 AM on May. 7, 2013

• $47 a bottle per person.... for a family of 5.......sorry but can't do it. We used to take Shaklee (and LOVED THEM) but got too pricy for our family. I do think some vitamins are good, others are not good and can't be absorbed by the body. We eat healthy...(whole grains, farm fresh eggs, lots of produce...lean meats.....etc) but I am thinking that because the soil is getting more depleted of nutrients...I'd like to add vitamins back in (if not every day then every other day)......so I am looking for a quality vitamin....that is less than $20 per person per month.....
    energygirl

Comment by energygirl (original poster) at 10:21 AM on May. 7, 2013

• I would go with equate...their products are pretty cheap and my mother n law uses equate everything l use one a day for women,I take a fish oil pill for old arthur { i was diagnosed with juvenile arthoritus as a child and I am 34 and sometimes I wake up feeling like I cant move} The fish oil helps with that and plus it is a natural remedy that provides all kinds of other health benefits, I take extra vitamin d and two calcium tablets every day as well plus if I am feeling low I will take a b12 now having said that you can find coupons for vitamins. But as far as quality goes I would do some research on them. I did. um my mom is going through menopause and her doc told her to only take one multi vitamin a day cause taking all the extra stuff she was taking could harm her instead of hurt her. Eating healthy and taking a vitamin with yr food goes hand in hand to me.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 1:57 PM on May. 7, 2013