My 3 year old daughter caught us having sex the other day and now she's renacting it. Help!

We didn't even know she was in the room 'till we were done. She had a worried look on her face and I reasured her I was alright, heh, but then this morning I found her "with" her teddy bear. What do I tell her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• That its something only adults are allowed to do. Thats what I told mine when she walked in on us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i think it is the time to start the talk. that this is what people who love each other do and this is what you do to have babies. i'm sure there are plenty of sites that can help with the talk at this age and every other age. good luck and find a lock :D

setliff

Answer by setliff at 11:57 AM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I agree you should talk to her about age appropriate information. If she has questions I think you should answer any question she has with the correct answer. Not some made up cabbage patch crap.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• OMG! That happened to us too about a month ago my dh and I thought it was a perfect time to squeeze some good loving in since the kids were in their room playing I don't know how this could have happened but some how my 5 yr. old daughter got stuck in the room with us. We were so sure they were in their room, then when we were done I heard something then I told my dh did you hear that. He got up and sure enough she was on the floor next to the bed with her ears covered and crying. Of course we thought that was cute at the time but we had to reassure her that it was ok. I guess she thought she would get into trouble. we just told her that this is what mommy and daddy's do. Only grown ups can do this not children. Don't worry you are not in trouble.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• OMG, I think I would die! That is why dh and I always make sure our door is LOCKED and the kids are in bed before we even think about it!
    Anonymous

• My ds walked in on my dh and I on valentines day. My door was locked he figured out how to unlock it he is 3. We thought that he was asleep but I guess not. lol
    Anonymous

• This is a reason I do not have sex unless I know my kids are all sleeping. They are kind of heavy sleepers so once they are out, they are out for the night. I don't have any idea of what to say, I would be absolutely mortified if that happened to us! Man I need to do some research on having the talk b/c i don't even know what I would say!
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• WELL THAT HAPPEN TO ME AND HB THE OTHER DAY WHICH WE THOUGHT THAT SHE WAS STILL SLEEP BUT THAT WAS NOT THE CASE AND WHEN SHE WALK IN SHE ASKED US WHY WE WERE HAVING FUN IN OUR BED SHE IS ONLY 4YRS OLD WE DONT KNOW HOW LONG SHE WAS STANDING THERE WE HAD KNOW IDEA WHAT TO SAY TO HER BUT IAM SURE SHE SAW SOMETHING BECAUSE I CAUGHT HER WITH ONE OF HER STUFFED ANIMAL DOG AND SHE WAS ON TOP OF IT SAYING THINGS THAT I WOULD SAY WHEN WE ARE HAVING SEX. SO WE HAVE DECIDED TO HAVE SEX EARLY INTO THE MORNING WHEN WE KNOW THAT SHE IS ASLEEP.
    TODDLERMOMMI249

Answer by TODDLERMOMMI249 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009