Would you sacrifice yourself to save your child?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/article/312167/483/5-Pit-Bulls-attack-mother-and-child

DAYTONA, Fla. - A Flagler County woman was airlifted for medical treatment after five Pit Bulls allegedly attacked her and her child Sunday.

Brandy Bookamer, 27, and her six-year-old daughter were walking near their Daytona North home on Holly Lane Sunday night when the dogs allegedly attacked, according to a release form the Flagler County Sheriff's Office.

Bookamer was able to protect her daughter from the dogs by telling her to run home, saving the young child from injury, the release detailed.

Bookamer sustained numerous puncture wounds and lacerations, however the extent of her injuries is unknown at this time, according to the FCSO. Bookamer was taken by ambulance to the Flagler County Airport and then airlifted to Halifax Hospital by Volusia County Sheriff's Office Air One. Bookamer's injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

The dogs believed to be involved in the incident were located by Flagler County Sheriff's Office deputies at a home. Animal control was called in and took possession of all five of the suspect dogs.

How scary! I would have done the very same thing. I would die for my children.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 12:09 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• Of course. I know I'd sacrifice myself for my children, and I hope if it ever happened, I'd sacrifice myself for any child.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:12 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Yes I would
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:13 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Sad that pit bulls are getting a bad rap again but yes any day I would take a bullet for my babies if I had to... Never a doubt in my mind... Kids haven't lived life yet at least ive lived some of mine.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 12:13 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I would absolutely sacrifice myself for my kids. Hell, one of the ways I realized my ex and I weren't going to last was when I was carrying my oldest, who was then about 8 months, down some wet steps and I slipped. I twisted so that he landed on me and didn't get hurt at all, giving myself bruises all up and down my right leg, arm, hip, and lower back. He looked at me and said "Why would you do that?"

I hope that mother survives and then gets to beat the hell out of the pit bull owners. It's assholes like that that make people freak out over my pit - who, btw, is such a wuss that he gets scared of a baby opossum that wanders near him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:47 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Yes, of course I would.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:10 PM on May. 6, 2013

• yes
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:11 PM on May. 6, 2013

• right I will do...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:26 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Without a second thought.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:33 PM on May. 6, 2013

• without a doubt....

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on May. 6, 2013

• In a heartbeat!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:03 PM on May. 6, 2013