What are some ideas of omega 3 rich foods, that kids would eat without knowing it is healthy?

My son was diagnosed with a lower level of ADHD, and the doctor told me to enrich his diet with Omega 3, but he is a little bit of a pick eater. So I need some ideas to help him....

relosansil

Asked by relosansil at 11:58 AM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Eggs. Hens are fed an all grain diet high in omega 3s making the eggs have it. Also you can add flax seeds to his muffins, pancakes, etc. If he will eat fish Salmon and tuna have omega 3s.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Oh, but becareful about the source of omega 3. I've heard that ones from the algea are not good for you at all.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I use flax seed too. I put it in the above mentioned food and also in yogurt.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• flax seed! Get it ground up and put it in everything. I swear to you the kids don't even know. I put it on my kids pbj sandwiches, they just think its "crunchy pb", lol. I put it in their breakfast cereal, I put it in my morning smoothies, everything....
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Since most answers were flax seed, Trader Joe's sell awesome tortilla chips with flax seed in them. They taste so good.. my daughter loves them.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I open fish oil capsules and put it in her food. This is the most concentrated source and it is ultra-purified.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 2:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would be careful with using flax since it contains phytoestrogens. On a growing child, especially a boy, I just wouldn't.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 2:15 PM on Feb. 17, 2009