Pitbulls are to blame...

Pinned Image

No Humans are the one's to blame... Poor animals. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on May. 6, 2013 in Pets

• Humans are ALWAYS the ones to blame.

Sometimes, I am embarrassed to be human.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:07 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I wouldn't blame pitbulls but it seems to me that when dogs attack for "no reason" they are usually pitbulls even when raised by loving owners. Why is that?

For the same reason you only hear about cute little white girls that get kidnapped, never about the mixed race little boy. The media has it's story and looks for the evidence to support it, not the other way around. It's not convenient to report on a Boston terrier that mutilates a toddler, there isn't a hard drive full of research on Boston terriers already done for them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:02 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Agree with M-avi. Pits can be the sweetest, most loving dogs if owners weren't such complete wastes of space!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:10 PM on May. 6, 2013

• "I wouldn't blame pitbulls but it seems to me that when dogs attack for "no reason" they are usually pitbulls even when raised by loving owners. Why is that?"

Because love isn't all an animal needs. They need discipline, to be dominated, so to speak. Like Cesar says, "exercise, discipline then affection." Often little symptoms aren't given attention until it's too late. Strong willed dogs need strong leaders, proper socialization, etc, etc. There's more than just loving on a dog and expecting that to be enough.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:56 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree with bandgeek, but also - "no reason" isn't always "no reason." Sometimes "no reason" is "I know the reason, but if I admit (I provoked the dog; I didn't train the dog; etc.), I won't get any sympathy, so I'll say there's no reason."
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:00 PM on May. 6, 2013

• I agree for the most part, yet they are animals and any animal has the potential to attack. Just as much as a small happy dog (actually I have heard that the small yappy ones are more likely to nip).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:10 PM on May. 6, 2013

• The reason you hear only about pit bulls is because of their size and the fact that they have such a powerful bite. If you compared by breed the number of dog bites per breed they would probably be in line with most other breeds. You just don't hear about a Pomeranian mauling because it would take them much longer to do serious damage, only due to their size.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:26 PM on May. 6, 2013

• Let me add to my above statement.... a lot of the above are correct. I would never fully trust an animal with a child of any age because you never know what that animal's response may be. I owned a dog all my life. When my now ex tried to tickle me one time, it tried to attack him... and yes it was a small dog. My dog is an older dog and I love him dearly, but he just does not like children. One time he snapped at granddaughter and knocked her down. Now, he stays outside when the kids are here.

The same with those people who own snakes and you see them posed with the snake.... ugh...

After all, an animal is an animal.

However, I cannot tolerate cruelty to any animal... EVER.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:36 PM on May. 6, 2013

• i think its irresponsible to leave children unattended around animals, regardless of breed, regardless of how "loving" they are.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:31 PM on May. 6, 2013

• This is so true, and pit bulls get the bad rap!

Answer by older at 1:55 PM on May. 6, 2013